Salmon Kings Auctioning off "Think Pink and See Elston" at the Rink PackageJanuary 21, 2011 - ECHL (ECHL) Victoria Salmon Kings
The package includes two tickets to see Elton John live at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre next month, four tickets to the annual Pink in the Rink contest and an autographed pink jersey from Taylor Ellington from last year's event. Ellington is currently in his second year as a Salmon King, and is under National Hockey League (NHL) contract to the Vancouver Canucks after they drafted him 33rd overall (second round) in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
Fans can bid online starting at 10:00 a.m. PST on Saturday, January 22nd, with the auction running through until Monday, January 31st at 10:00 a.m. PST. To bid on this package, visit K:MESCX:IT.
Scott Howes' game-worn pink jersey from last season is also still available for bid online at http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ViewItem&item320642010752 until next Thursday, January 27th at 10:00 a.m. PST. Both jersey auctions will also be available to view and bid on by visiting the home page of www.salmonkings.com.
All monies raised from the jersey auction will be donated to the BC Cancer Foundation (BCCF). Last year's event raised over $28,000 towards cancer research in British Columbia, which included nearly $9,000 in jersey auction sales and $3,000 in ticket sales donations.
The Salmon Kings will host their fourth annual Pink in the Rink night on Friday, February 4th versus the Alaska Aces. Advance tickets are now on sale for just $17 or $60 for a family four pack, with $5 from every ticket or package being donated to the BCCF. Game-worn jerseys from that evening will also be available for silent and live auction with details to come.
Victoria ends their five-game road trip with two contests in Anchorage against the Alaska Aces tonight and tomorrow, Saturday, January 22nd. Puck drop for both games is at 8:15 p.m. PST. To watch or listen live to Salmon Kings hockey visit www.salmonkings.com. The Salmon Kings return home to open a three-game set versus the Las Vegas Wranglers on Friday, January 28th. For tickets call 250-220-7777 or visit www.selectyourtickets.com.
ECHL Stories from January 21, 2011
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Condors Fall to Wranglers, 5-3 - Bakersfield Condors
- Jackals Sunk Late by Walleye, 4-3 - Elmira Jackals
- Royals Slip Down the Stretch in Shootout Loss, 4-3 - Reading Royals
- Steelheads Top Grizzlies, 2-1 - Idaho Steelheads
- Shorthanded Grizzlies Fall 2-1 in Idaho - Utah Grizzlies
- Blades Overcome Third Period Deficit to Pull off 4-3 Shootout Win Over Reading - Florida Everblades
- Nailers Cool Devils; Extend Lead in Division - Wheeling Nailers
- Kalamazoo's Special Teams Difference in 4-2 Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- Wings Fly Past Cyclones, 4-2 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Sink Road Warriors 5-3 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Road Warriors Stung by 'Rays - Greenville Road Warriors
- Walleye Beat Elmira 4-3 on Friday Night - Toledo Walleye
- "Entourage" Star Kevin Connolly to Appear at ECHL All-Star Classic - Bakersfield Condors
- Salmon Kings Auctioning off "Think Pink and See Elston" at the Rink Package - Victoria Salmon Kings
- ECHL Transactions - January 21 - ECHL
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira at Toledo - Elmira Jackals
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Ontario Reign - Stockton Thunder
- Jackals Announce Pregame Transactions - Elmira Jackals
- This Sunday's Reign Game Is Red Cross Jersey Night - Ontario Reign
- Graham Reassigned to Blades from Charlotte - Florida Everblades
- Jordan Pearce Headed to Motown - Toledo Walleye
- ECHL Today - January 21 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL All-Star Classic on TV and Radio in Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Hamilton Recalls Urquhart and Masse - Wheeling Nailers
- Cyclones Game Preview: Cincinnati Vs. Kalamazoo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Stingrays Gameday: Battle of the Palmetto State Continues Tonight - South Carolina Stingrays
- Celebrate Pink in the Rink with the Road Warriors - Greenville Road Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.