Four for Moore: P-Nats First Baseman Wins Fourth Player of the Week AwardAugust 23, 2010 - Carolina League (CarL) Potomac Nationals
Since July 15, Moore is on an offensive tear for the ages. The Brandon, Mississippi native is 61-144 (.424) with 18 HR, 55 RBI, 39 runs and 17 doubles in 37 games. Over that span, he has been on base at a .475 rate, slugged at .931 and logged an OPS of 1.406.
Moore has led the Nationals into first place in the Northern Divison's second half. The P-Nats host the second place Wilmington Blue Rocks in a pivotal three-game set at Pfitzner Stadium that starts tonight at 7:03 P.M. It is a Dollar Monday presented by the Washington Post, so call 703-590-2311 to get your tickets now.
Carolina League Stories from August 23, 2010
- Mejia Leads Comeback Win in 14 Innings - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Blue Rocks Roar Back and Take Opener - Potomac Nationals
- Drake Deals Keys to 6-4 Win - Frederick Keys
- Keys Clip Kinston Comeback - Kinston Indians
- Lynchburg Wins Rain-Shortened Game 5-0 - Winston-Salem Dash
- Cats Take Rain-Shortened Game - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Lynchburg Hillcats Game Notes - Lynchburg Hillcats
- K-Tribe Notes - Kinston Indians
- Four for Moore: P-Nats First Baseman Wins Fourth Player of the Week Award - Potomac Nationals
- Hoover Picks up Second Pitcher of the Week Award - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.