Kyle Shelton Promoted to AAA CharlotteJuly 23, 2010 - Carolina League (CarL) Winston-Salem Dash
Shelton, a useful utility man, was hitting .270 with two home runs and 20 RBI in 51 games for Winston-Salem. He scored the winning run in last night's 5-4 walk-off victory over the Potomac Nationals, scoring on Jon Gilmore's sacrifice fly. He was coming off a recent hot stretch, during which he hit .556 (10 for 18) and raised his season batting average 20 points.
Shelton's most memorable game came in the second half of a split doubleheader on May 19. He hit his first home run of the season against Myrtle Beach phenom Julio Teheran to tie the game in the fourth inning. The contest lasted 20 innings, and Shelton came in to pitch a scoreless top half of the 20th for his first professional pitching appearance. He finished as the game's winning pitcher as Winston-Salem won 4-3.
The Dash's roster now has 24 players, one below the Carolina League limit.
Winston-Salem continues its home stand tonight at 7 p.m. with a game against the Potomac Nationals.
The Winston-Salem Dash is the Class-A Advanced minor league affiliate of the Chicago White Sox. To purchase tickets and for more information, please call 336-714-2287 or visit www.wsdash.com .
Carolina League Stories from July 23, 2010
- Keys Hold Off Pelicans, 8-5 - Frederick Keys
- Salem Soars Past Lynchburg 11-2 - Salem Red Sox
- Sox Pound Cats In Game Two - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Intense Storms Forces Impromptu Doubleheader Saturday - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Rain Suspends Play in Kinston - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- K-Tribe and Wilmington Suspended After Two Innings - Kinston Indians
- Blue Rocks Featured on ESPN's SportsCenter - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Keys Playoff Tickets on Sale August 11th - Frederick Keys
- Lynchburg Hillcats Game Notes - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Kyle Shelton Promoted to AAA Charlotte - Winston-Salem Dash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.