Washington Nationals Promote Drew Storen To Triple-A SyracuseApril 29, 2010 - International League (IL) Syracuse Chiefs
The 10th-overall selection in the 2009 First-Year Player Draft, Storen converted all four save opportunities and posted a 0.96 ERA in seven appearances with Harrisburg of the Double-A Eastern League. The 22-year-old fanned 11 and walked just one batter in 9.1 innings pitched. Storen posted a .161 (5-for-31) batting average against, including a stingy .059 (1-for-17) against right-handed batters.
Storen is 2-1 with 15 saves and a 1.75 ERA in 35 appearances during his two seasons as a professional. He has tallied 60 strikeouts against just nine walks in 46.1 innings, good enough for a 6.7/1 strikeout-to-walk ratio and 11.7 strikeouts per 9.0 innings.
International League Stories from April 29, 2010
- Mud Hens Walk Off with 3-2 Win over Chiefs - Syracuse Chiefs
- Indians Take Third in a Row at McCoy - Pawtucket Red Sox
- McCutchen Leads Tribe over PawSox, 4-1 - Indianapolis Indians
- Jones' 3-Run HR Sparks G-Braves in 6-1 Win over Norfolk - Gwinnett Braves
- Knuckleballer Bests Durham, 4-0 - Durham Bulls
- Dickey Throws One-Hit Shutout - Buffalo Bisons
- Syracuse Chiefs To Host Breast Cancer Awareness Day - Syracuse Chiefs
- Washington Nationals Promote Drew Storen To Triple-A Syracuse - Syracuse Chiefs
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- International League News & Notes - IL
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo Bisons
- Frank Gilhooley Day In Toledo May 16th - Toledo Mud Hens
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.