Tough Debut For ArnettApril 12, 2010 - Midwest League (MWL) - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
The LumberKings (3-2) made Arnett most unwelcome in his first Midwest League start. Clinton scored four times on four hits in the first inning. The big hit was a three-run homer by Kalian Sams that put the LumberKings up 4-0.
Wisconsin's defense committed two errors on the first two balls put in play in the top of the second inning. A bunt single by Danny Carroll let Clinton load the bases. An RBI grounder by Nick Franklin plated the run that made the score 5-0.
Clinton starting pitcher Taylor Stanton retired the first 10 Timber Rattlers he faced with a minimal amount of pitches on his way to his first win of the season.
Arnett left after reaching his pitch limit in the top of the fifth inning. The #1 pick of the Brewers from the 2009 draft went 4-1/3 innings, allowed five runs (four earned) on five hits, hit two batters, struck out three, and was charged with the loss.
The Timber Rattlers (3-2) got to Stanton in the bottom of the sixth. D'Vontrey Richardson walked and Scooter Gennett singled. Cameron Garfield's RBI grounder knocked in Richardson. Then, Chris Dennis lined a two-run homer to right to pull Wisconsin to within 5-3. Stanton would get the final out to get out of the inning. Stanton allowed three runs on five hits and struck out three in the game.
The LumberKings added insurance runs in both the eighth and ninth innings. A two out RBI single by Shaver Hansen in the eighth made the score 6-3. The sixth Timber Rattlers error of the game allowed a LumberKings run to score in the top of the ninth.
Wisconsin loaded the bases with one out in the bottom of the ninth. They scored one run on a grounder by Franklin Romero, Jr, but that was all the Rattlers could manage in the bottom of the ninth.
Wisconsin and Clinton conclude their three game series on Tuesday night. Maverick Lasker is the scheduled starting pitcher for the Timber Rattlers. Kyle Heckathorn, a supplemental first round pick of the Milwaukee Brewers in the 2009 draft, is scheduled to pitch in relief for Wisconsin. Clinton will send lefty Jimmy Gillheeney (0-1, 7.36) to the mound.
Game time for the first 'Bang for Your Buck Night' of 2010 is 6:35pm. Soda, hotdogs, and Miller Beer are available for $1. Tickets available online through www.timberrattlers.com; over the phone at (800) WI-TIMBER; or at the Time Warner Field Box Office.
Midwest League Stories from April 12, 2010
- Great Lakes Drops a Close One 4-3 - Great Lakes Loons
- Chiefs Held Scoreless in Monday Loss to Beloit - Peoria Chiefs
- Resilient Lugnuts Overtake Loons Again, 4-3 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Stuifbergen Solid in Season Debut - Beloit Snappers
- TinCaps Escape With 5-4 Victory - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lobstein Shines in Hot Rods Debut - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Rodriguez Leads Dragons to 7-4 Win, Fifth Straight Victory - Dayton Dragons
- Silver Hawks Get Closer, But Still No "W" - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Adams Does In Kernels Again - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Troy Returns To Play At Fifth Third Field - Dayton Dragons
- Indian Lake Returns To Play At Fifth Third Field - Dayton Dragons
- Northwestern Returns To Play At Fifth Third Field - Dayton Dragons
- Dayton Christian Returns To Play At Fifth Third Field - Dayton Dragons
- Tough Debut For Arnett - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cougars Keep Rolling, Win 3rd Straight - Kane County Cougars
- Sams, Stanton Impressive in Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Dragons Gameday - Dayton Dragons
- Still Room In The Bees Camp And PHR Competition - Burlington Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.