Thrashers Call Up KuldaApril 8, 2010 - American Hockey League (AHL) Chicago Wolves
The 21-year-old blueliner made his National Hockey League debut in two games with Atlanta earlier this season, notching one assist. He ranks second among Wolves defensemen with a career-high 19 assists and third among team rearguards with a career-best 25 points in 66 games this season. KULDA also paces the Wolves and ranks second in the American Hockey League with a +46 plus/minus rating and has accrued a plus or even rating in 56 of his 66 tilts this year.
Last season, the Riga, Latvia, native tallied 15 points (G, 14A) and 59 penalty minutes in 57 contests with the Wolves during his first full professional campaign. Overall, he has collected 34 assists, 41 points and 115 penalty minutes in 128 regular-season outings with Chicago (2008 to present).
Prior to turning pro, KULDA recorded 36 assists, 45 points and 170 penalty minutes in 113 career OHL tilts with the Peterborough Petes, spanning two seasons (2006 to 2008).
The Wolves and Milwaukee Admirals will face off in the final contest of the Amtrak Rivalry series at the Bradley Center on Friday at 7 p.m. For more information, or tickets to Chicago's regular-season finale, or Games 1 and 2 of the West Division Semifinal, call 1-800-THE-WOLVES or visit chicagowolves.com.
American Hockey League Stories from April 8, 2010
- Rampage Allow Four Goals in 3rd, Fall to Houston 5-3 - San Antonio Rampage
- Rau leads Aeros to 5-3 win over Rampage - Houston Aeros
- Monarchs Sign Draft Pick - Manchester Monarchs
- Thrashers Call Up Kulda - Chicago Wolves
- Moose Sign Ryan McGinnis To PTO - Manitoba Moose
- Blues Recall Eller And Junland - Peoria Rivermen
- Rampage To Give Away $72,000 In Prizes At Fan Appreciation Night - San Antonio Rampage
- Hurricanes Recall Defenseman Casey Borer - Albany River Rats
- AHL Announces Suspension of David Spina - AHL
- Portland's Tyler Ennis Named AHL Rookie Of The Year - AHL
- Buffalo Sabres Sign 2008 Second-Round Pick Luke Adam - Portland Pirates
- Lagace Signs With Pirates - Portland Pirates
- P-Bruins Bring In AHL Veteran Doug Nolan - Providence Bruins
- Hurricanes Recall Tim Conboy From Albany - Albany River Rats
- Wolf Pack Release Forward Roman Horak From ATO - Connecticut Whale
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Defenseman Maxim Noreau - Houston Aeros
- Mancari Recalled By Sabres - Portland Pirates
- Bring Your Dog To The Marlies Game On Saturday - Toronto Marlies
- B-Sens Fan Travels From Texas To Participate In Chuck-A-Puck Finals - Binghamton Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.