Aston, Calla Continue Reading Program Wednesday NightDecember 8, 2009 - American Hockey League (AHL) Rochester Americans
The Amerks will hit the ice again on Friday, December 11th as the team hosts the Abbotsford Heat at 7:05 p.m. at The Blue Cross Arena. Please visit amerks.com or call (585) 454-5335 for more information.
Wednesday night, however, the duo will showcase their reading prowess, not their on-ice skills. They will be joined by The Moose, as they teach kids about hockey and the importance of reading. The program also rewards kids for reading and selects two grand prize winners that will win dinner, suite tickets and the opportunity to participate in the ceremonial puck drop at an Amerks' game.
The Amerks will also distribute ticket vouchers and activity books to each youth in attendance good for one complimentary ticket for any Amerks home game from November 20th to February 20th. The vouchers and books are each courtesy of The College at Brockport.
The "Reading Power Play" involves players stopping by local libraries, reading to kids and giving a hockey demonstration. Each appearance also features a raffle for Amerk memorabilia and an autograph session by the visiting player and The Moose.
The second half of "Reading Power Play" enters kids into a grand prize drawing. Youth participants fill out a form for every three books they read, which then qualifies them for an entry into the grand prize drawing. The two winners will receive grand prize packages that include dinner, suite tickets and the opportunity to make the ceremonial puck drop at the Amerks' Saturday, February 13th home game against the Lake Erie Monsters.
The "Reading Power Play" runs from Wednesday, October 7th to Wednesday, January 13th. A complete reading program schedule will be available at the Amerks Guest Services Booth in the upper atrium lobby on game nights and online at amerks.com. For player or Moose appearances, please contact Warren Kosel at (585) 454-5335, ext. 3025.
American Hockey League Stories from December 8, 2009
- Week Ten: Shake It Up - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose, Red River College Once Again Team Up For "Respond To Reading" - Manitoba Moose
- Help Support The Salvation Army Food Drive At Copps Coliseum Over The Next Three Home Games - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Monarchs, E&R Cleaners Partner for Successful Coat Drive - Manchester Monarchs
- Aston, Calla Continue Reading Program Wednesday Night - Rochester Americans
- Local Boys Walters And Fitzpatrick Give Back - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Announce Details Of 'Tiger Woods Foursome' Ticket Package - Syracuse Crunch
- Walt Smith 1939-2009 - Hershey Bears
- Coyotes Re-Assign Boedker To San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Sharks Goaltender Alex Stalock's W6 Tribute Mask Auction Concludes On Wednesday - Worcester Sharks
- Piche To Toledo, Walsh Re-Signed - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Carlsson Recalled From Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- Worcester Sharks "Be A Leader" Program Returns To Elm Park Elementary School In Worcester On Thursda - Worcester Sharks
- Amerks Assign Defenseman Matt Duffy To Florida Everblades - Rochester Americans
- River Rats Play Another Three-In-Three This Weekend - Albany River Rats
- Marlies Look to Build Off Thrilling OT Win on Saturday with Two Home Games This Week - Toronto Marlies
- Admirals Release Forward Matt Syroczynski - Norfolk Admirals
- Columbus Acquires Defenseman Brendan Bell And Center Tomas Kana From St. Louis In Exchange For Right - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Sends Gazdic To Idaho - Texas Stars
- Falcons Sign Ronald Petrovicky To PTO Contract - Springfield Falcons
- Blues Acquire Pascal Pelletier For Brendan Bell - Peoria Rivermen
- Canadiens Recall Ryan White From Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Holzapfel Promotes Reading Program - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Reassign King To Rapid City; Mior Released From PTO - Rochester Americans
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Worcester Sharks W6 Tribute Jersey Auction On Ebay - Worcester Sharks
- Griffins Host Three Games In Four Nights - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.