Sharks Goaltender Alex Stalock's W6 Tribute Mask Auction Concludes On WednesdayDecember 8, 2009 - American Hockey League (AHL) Worcester Sharks
Alex Stalock is currently 2nd in the AHL with 13 wins and 2nd in minutes played with 1186. He went 3-0-0 in three starts with a.940 save % while wearing the W6 Tribute Mask:
December 6th - Sharks win 3-2 in Shootout over Portland. Stalock was #3 star making 30 saves and going a perfect 3-for-3 in the shootout.
December 4th - Sharks win 4-2 in Springfield. Stalock made 20 saves in net.
November 28th - Sharks win 4-1 vs. Bridgeport. Stalock was #1 star making 29 saves.
The online auction runs through Wednesday, December 9th at 3p.m. and can be located at www.SharksAHL.com.
Proceeds from the W6 Tribute Mask auction will go to the Worcester Fire Scholarship Program and Shriners Hospitals for Children via Sharks Charities.
The Worcester Sharks hosted Heroes Night - A Tribute to the Worcester 6, on Sunday, December 6th at the DCU Center.
On December 3, 1999 a five-alarm fire began in the Worcester Cold Storage Warehouse in Worcester, Massachusetts and raged for six days. Six brave firefighters lost their lives, Firefighters Paul Brotherton, Jeremiah Lucey, Timothy Jackson, James Lyons, Joseph McGuirk and Lieutenant Thomas Spencer.
On this tenth year anniversary, the Worcester Sharks partnered with the Worcester Fire and Police Departments to honor those six individuals and to raise funds for the Worcester Fire Scholarship Program and the burn care unit at the Shriners Hospitals for Children
Worcester Fire Scholarship Program
Established in 1989, Local 1009 Scholarship Program has given over $250,000 to first year college students in 20 years of existence. Started by union leaders, the Scholarship Program and all involved are proud to give our children a start towards their college education and hope to continue this in the future.
Shriners Hospitals for Children is a one-of-a-kind health care system dedicated to improving the lives of children by providing pediatric specialty care, innovative research and outstanding teaching programs. Every year, the Shriners Hospitals for Children provides care for thousands of kids with burns, orthopedic conditions, spinal cord injuries, and cleft lip and palate, in a family-centered environment at no charge. It's how Shriners Hospitals has been helping kids defy the odds since 1922.
About the W6 Tribute mask:
The W6 Tribute mask has the names of the six fallen firefighter; the W6 logo on the top front; the words "Never Forgotten" written across the brow in gold leaf; the Worcester FD logo in center of chin with dates marking the ten year anniversary; on each side a fully geared firefighter is on a bended knee; a official Sharks logo is located on the back; and "Stalock" is written across the bottom back plate in gold leaf. The majority of the mask is painted as red sky with a black silhouette of the Worcester skyline.
The W6 Tribute mask was designed and painted by the Worcester Sharks Director of Youth Hockey and Community Relations, Michael Myers. Myers has designed and painted several masks, including Conn Smythe Winner Cam Ward of the Carolina Hurricanes and Edmonton Oilers Goaltender Dwayne Roloson.
For more information about the W6 Tribute Mask Auction please visit www.SharksAHL.com or call the Sharks front office at 508-929-0500.
Now in their fourth season in Worcester, the Sharks look forward to another exciting season highlighted by the improvements of the ice surface at the DCU Center and the reduction of season ticket prices! Sharks fans may secure their 2009-10 season tickets today by calling 508-929-0500. Some of the exclusive benefits for full season ticket holders will include:
* Guaranteed same seat for all 40 home dates and playoff home games at the DCU Center
* Significant savings off box office ticket prices
* Priority access to purchase tickets to DCU Center events (subject to availability)
Season ticket packages, group tickets, and individual tickets for the 2009-10 season are on sale now by contacting the Worcester Sharks Office at 508.929.0500 or by crashing the net at www.SharksAHL.com.
All games can be heard live on 580AM and 94.9FM WTAG, as well as online through AHL Live, by following the link on the Sharks website at www.SharksAHL.com.
American Hockey League Stories from December 8, 2009
- Week Ten: Shake It Up - Syracuse Crunch
- Moose, Red River College Once Again Team Up For "Respond To Reading" - Manitoba Moose
- Help Support The Salvation Army Food Drive At Copps Coliseum Over The Next Three Home Games - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Monarchs, E&R Cleaners Partner for Successful Coat Drive - Manchester Monarchs
- Aston, Calla Continue Reading Program Wednesday Night - Rochester Americans
- Local Boys Walters And Fitzpatrick Give Back - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Announce Details Of 'Tiger Woods Foursome' Ticket Package - Syracuse Crunch
- Walt Smith 1939-2009 - Hershey Bears
- Coyotes Re-Assign Boedker To San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Sharks Goaltender Alex Stalock's W6 Tribute Mask Auction Concludes On Wednesday - Worcester Sharks
- Piche To Toledo, Walsh Re-Signed - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Carlsson Recalled From Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- Worcester Sharks "Be A Leader" Program Returns To Elm Park Elementary School In Worcester On Thursda - Worcester Sharks
- Amerks Assign Defenseman Matt Duffy To Florida Everblades - Rochester Americans
- River Rats Play Another Three-In-Three This Weekend - Albany River Rats
- Marlies Look to Build Off Thrilling OT Win on Saturday with Two Home Games This Week - Toronto Marlies
- Admirals Release Forward Matt Syroczynski - Norfolk Admirals
- Columbus Acquires Defenseman Brendan Bell And Center Tomas Kana From St. Louis In Exchange For Right - Syracuse Crunch
- Texas Sends Gazdic To Idaho - Texas Stars
- Falcons Sign Ronald Petrovicky To PTO Contract - Springfield Falcons
- Blues Acquire Pascal Pelletier For Brendan Bell - Peoria Rivermen
- Canadiens Recall Ryan White From Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Holzapfel Promotes Reading Program - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Reassign King To Rapid City; Mior Released From PTO - Rochester Americans
- B-Sens Weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Worcester Sharks W6 Tribute Jersey Auction On Ebay - Worcester Sharks
- Griffins Host Three Games In Four Nights - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.