Gladiators Weekly ReportNovember 16, 2009 - ECHL (ECHL) Gwinnett Gladiators
Streaker: Forward Tom Zanoski is on a nine game point streak, notching four goals and eight assists, dating back to an October 20th road game at South Carolina.
Basement: Despite splitting a two-game weekend, each of the other three teams in the South Division won at least two games last week, dropping the Gladiators into a last place tie in the division with Charlotte, both at 14 points.
Falling: The Gladiators ended their season-long streak of at least one power play goal per game over the weekend, going 0-9 with the man advantage, dropping them out of first place in the league on the power play.
Helpers: Brad Schell is the only player in the league with more than 10 points but no goals.
Pulling Away: Brad Schell continued to widen the gap in all time Gladiators points between him and the next closest person to 70 points with two more assists last week. Jeff Campbell, who played with the Gladiators form 2004-2008, is the next closest on the list with 254 points. Schell now has 324 career points as a Gladiator.
Last Week's Games:
November 13, Gwinnett 3, South Carolina 2 - W
The Gwinnett Gladiators used two late third period goals and two shootout tallies to record a come-from-behind win over the South Carolina Stingrays Friday night in front of a season-high crowd of 10,583. The Gladiators trailed for much of the contest, but late game heroics from Drew Paris and goaltender Danny Taylor would secure the 3-2 shootout victory in the fourth straight overtime game against the Stingrays.
November 14, Elmira 11, Gwinnett 3 - L
The Gwinnett Gladiators saw numerous season and all-time records fall in an 11-3 beat down at the hands of the Elmira Jackals on Saturday night, including largest ever margin of defeat, most goals allowed in a period all season, and most penalty minutes in a game all season, just to name a few. Brothers and line mates Tyler and Justin Donati combined for 11 points for the Jackals, and Adam Berti had two points to lead the Gladiators' scorers.
This Week's Games: Friday, November 20th @ South Carolina Stingrays - 7:05 p.m. - WDUN.com Saturday, November 21st @ South Carolina Stingrays - 7:05 p.m. - WDUN.com
This week, the Gladiators look to make up more ground on the South Division-leading South Carolina Stingrays with two games road against the reigning Kelly Cup Champions on Friday and Saturday Night. The Gladiators have played four straight overtime games against the Stingrays so far this season, claiming two shootout victories and one overtime victory, while falling once in extra time.
The Gladiators continue their 7th season in the ECHL on Friday, November 20th at South Carolina at 7:05 p.m. The Gladiators are the AA affiliate of the Atlanta Thrashers and Columbus Blue Jackets and play all home games at the 11,355-seat Arena at Gwinnett Center, located just off I-85 on Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth.
ECHL Stories from November 16, 2009
- Reign To Reschedule Two Upcoming Events - Ontario Reign
- Thunder Visits Ontario Friday, Saturday - Stockton Thunder
- Ryan Kinasewich Loaned To Hamilton - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors In The Community: Macenauer At Nichols Elementary On Tuesday - Bakersfield Condors
- Salmon Kings And Heat Swap Goaltenders - Victoria Salmon Kings
- James Sixsmith Loaned To Bridgeport - Utah Grizzlies
- AHL Sends One, Takes One From Idaho - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- K-Wings, Steelheads, Stingrays Lead League - ECHL
- Condors Open Six-Game Homestand Wednesday - Bakersfield Condors
- Nailers Hit The Road This Weekend - Wheeling Nailers
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Jackals Host Wheeling After Record-Setting Week - Elmira Jackals
- School Day Game Tuesday - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- 8-4 Grizzlies Home Friday, Saturday, Sunday - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Perfect Week At Home - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Weekly Report - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Stingrays Reach Season-High Nine Game Unbeaten Streak - South Carolina Stingrays
- Letestu Becomes 418th ECHL Player To Reach NHL - ECHL
- Toledo Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Grant And Haddad Get The Call - Wheeling Nailers
- 40th Nailer Makes It To NHL - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.