Toledo Walleye WeeklyNovember 16, 2009 - ECHL (ECHL) Toledo Walleye
- Florida Too Tough in Estero! Toledo finished the week collecting just two points in three games against the Florida Everblades in Estero, Florida. Following a 6-1 loss Wednesday night, Toledo did respond taking the Everblades past regulation in back to back contests. Saturday's overtime win for Florida was the first time this year that Toledo has taken a loss in overtime.
- Scoring the First Goal! Seven times this season Toledo has scored the first goal of the game. In those contests, Toledo has collected nine of a possible fourteen points with a 3-1-1-2 record.
- Power Play Continues to Shine! Toledo's power play continued to strike over the last week in Florida, scoring four games in the three games. For the season, the Walleye have scored a league high 23 power play goals. Adam Hobson leads Toledo with four goals while Toledo has had the man advantage.
- Lange Goes for a Double! Forward Tommy Lange returned to the lineup Saturday and produced two goals to help the Walleye collect a point. Goals three and four and the season for Lange were power play goals.
- Shorty Time! Defenseman Jamie Milam collected Toledo's second shorthanded goal of the season at 3:28 of the second period last Saturday. Milam joins Dominic Osman as the only Walleye players to have scored shorthanded this year. Dominic scored his goal on 10/31/09 at Kalamazoo.
- Home Cooking! Toledo has won three consecutive home contests and is 5-2-0-0 inside the Lucas County Arena this year.
- Fan-tastic! For the season, 45.263 fans have passed through the turnstiles at the new Lucas County Arena for an average of 6,466.
On the Hook
- Gametime, and bring on the Clones! Toledo will be home to start an eight game home stand on Friday night against the Cincinnati Cyclones. The Cyclones will also be the opponent on Sunday as well. Toledo is 1-1-0-0 against the Cyclones this year. The two teams have combined to score 18 goals in two games (8 for Toledo, 10 for Cincinnati). The All-Time record for Toledo against Cincinnati is 25-20-4.
- Promotions! Friday night is the "Teddy Toss" sponsored by BCSN. Fans are encouraged to bring a new stuffed teddy bear to that game and toss it on the ice when the Walleye score their first goal that night! The bears will be donated to Lucas County Children's Services. Sunday's game features another "Kids Day" with the Walleye. Following the game is a post-game skate.
Walleye Player of the Week: Adam Hobson (2 goals - 3 assists 5 points)
Adam has collected a point in ten of the thirteen games Toledo has played this season.
Walleye Goaltender of the Week: Jordan Pearce (0-1-1, 5.31 gaa,.828 save %)
Jordan played well Saturday night in Florida making 26 saves.
ECHL Stories from November 16, 2009
- Reign To Reschedule Two Upcoming Events - Ontario Reign
- Thunder Visits Ontario Friday, Saturday - Stockton Thunder
- Ryan Kinasewich Loaned To Hamilton - Utah Grizzlies
- Condors In The Community: Macenauer At Nichols Elementary On Tuesday - Bakersfield Condors
- Salmon Kings And Heat Swap Goaltenders - Victoria Salmon Kings
- James Sixsmith Loaned To Bridgeport - Utah Grizzlies
- AHL Sends One, Takes One From Idaho - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- K-Wings, Steelheads, Stingrays Lead League - ECHL
- Condors Open Six-Game Homestand Wednesday - Bakersfield Condors
- Nailers Hit The Road This Weekend - Wheeling Nailers
- K-Wings Weekly - Kalamazoo Wings
- Jackals Host Wheeling After Record-Setting Week - Elmira Jackals
- School Day Game Tuesday - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- 8-4 Grizzlies Home Friday, Saturday, Sunday - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Weekly - Reading Royals
- Perfect Week At Home - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Weekly Report - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Stingrays Reach Season-High Nine Game Unbeaten Streak - South Carolina Stingrays
- Letestu Becomes 418th ECHL Player To Reach NHL - ECHL
- Toledo Walleye Weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Grant And Haddad Get The Call - Wheeling Nailers
- 40th Nailer Makes It To NHL - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.