Griffins Sign Crosty And CentomoNovember 11, 2009 - American Hockey League (AHL) Grand Rapids Griffins
Crosty, 27, has played seven games with the Griffins this season on a tryout, contributing one assist and ranking second on the team with 34 penalty minutes while splitting time at both forward and defense. A graduate of Brown University, he spent the majority of the last three seasons with the AHL's Manchester Monarchs, totaling 13 points (3-10-13) and 451 PIM in 130 contests.
Centomo, 28, has played in 95 career AHL games with St. John's (2001-04) and Manitoba (2005-06), posting a 37-38-10 record with a 3.06 goals against average, and he made his lone NHL appearance in 2001-02 with the Toronto Maple Leafs. He has logged seven games with the IHL's Muskegon Lumberjacks this season, showing a 3-3-1 record and ranking among the league's leaders with a 2.69 GAA (T3rd) and a 0.917 save percentage (T4th).
The Griffins will take aim at their eighth straight victory at noon today when they host the Lake Erie Monsters in their ninth annual matinee game.
American Hockey League Stories from November 11, 2009
- Monarchs Win Jungle War - Manchester Monarchs
- Crunch Come From Behind to Exterminate Rats - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Storm Past Senators 5-3 - Norfolk Admirals
- Texas Edged By Peoria 5-4 In OT - Texas Stars
- Rats Drop 4-3 Shootout Decision In Syracuse - Albany River Rats
- Admirals Sink B-Sens 5-3 - Binghamton Senators
- Monarchs Nip Hartford Wolf Pack 2-1 - Connecticut Whale
- Falcons Recall Jamie Bates From Stockton - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins Out Distance Pirates - Portland Pirates
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Nearly-Flawless Performance From Cann Not Enough In Monsters Shootout Loss - Lake Erie Monsters
- Lightning Recall Admirals Leading Scorer Paul Szczechura - Norfolk Admirals
- Worcester Sharks Team Up With The Worcester County Sherriff's Office For 4th Annual Canned Food Driv - Worcester Sharks
- Pirates Sign Justin Donati - Portland Pirates
- Devils Take Down Sharks 7-3 - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals Recall Cashman - Milwaukee Admirals
- Devils Pound Sharks, 7-3 - Albany Devils
- Marlies' Forward Dale Mitchell Reassigned To Windsor - Toronto Marlies
- Griffins Claim Eighth Straight With 2-1 Shootout Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Hurricanes Recall Bryan Rodney From Albany - Albany River Rats
- Amerks Shuffle Off To Buffalo Looking For A Dozen Wins - Rochester Americans
- Ewing Reassgined To Toledo - Rockford IceHogs
- River Rats To Host Veterans & Military Personnel At Weekend Games - Albany River Rats
- Griffins Sign Crosty And Centomo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens Honor Active Duty Service Members With Free Game Ticket - Binghamton Senators
- Dalton Reassigned To Reading - Providence Bruins
- Griffins Try For Eighth Straight Win At High Noon - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.