Falcons Host The Sound Tigers TonightNovember 6, 2009 - American Hockey League (AHL) Springfield Falcons
Leading the Falcons in points and assists this year is forward Charles Linglet (16 P, 5 G, 11 A). Linglet is currently tied for third in total points and tied for first in assists in the entire AHL. Leading the Falcons and the American Hockey League in goals scored this season is Chris Minard with nine goals in 11 games. Linglet and Minard lead the team in plus/minus at +7 and +6 each. Goalie Devan Dubnyk leads the AHL in saves with 375 and he is second in the AHL in minutes played with 655 minutes in 11 games. Dubnyk has posted a 3.02 GAA and.919 save percentage this year.
Left Wing Trevor Smith and Center Greg Moore lead Bridgeport with nine points (5 G, 4 A) this season. Forward Greg Mauldin leads the Sound Tigers with six goals scored so far this season. Jesse Joensuu and Andrew MacDonald lead the team in assists tallying six assists this year. Bridgeport has received stellar goaltending behind Nathan Lawson (2.18 GAA and.931 save percentage), Mikko Koskinen (2.45 GAA and.902 save percentage), and Scott Munroe (2.63 GAA and.915 save percentage). Lawson is 12th in the AHL among goalies with the 2.18 GAA.
Springfield comes into the contest with a 5-5-2-1 record and 13 points, good for fourth in the Atlantic Division. Last weekend, the Falcons went 1-1-1-0, getting three out of a possible six points. Springfield defeated the Albany River Rats last Friday in Albany 4-3 in a shootout. On Halloween, the Falcons lost in overtime to the Lowell Devils at home 3-2. Following the Lowell game, Springfield travelled to Worcester, MA where they lost 4-1 to the Sharks. After Friday night's game against Bridgeport, the Falcons will take on the Portland Pirates on Sunday in Maine.
It has been a rollercoaster season thus far for the Sound Tigers, who come into tonight's game with a 7-7-0-0 record and 14 points, third in the Atlantic Division. Bridgeport comes into the game having lost two straight and three out of four. This past weekend, the Sound Tigers went 1-2, losing to Worcester and Providence, while defeating Portland. All three games were on the road. Earlier in the week, Bridgeport took on the Adirondack Phantoms at home on Wednesday. Unfortunately for the Sound Tigers, the Phantoms earned the victory with a 4-2 win. Following the Falcons game, Bridgeport will play two home games to end the weekend on Saturday versus Hartford and Sunday hosting Lowell.
Falcons Transactions: On Tuesday, November 4, the Springfield Falcons announced they signed four year pro, Bill Thomas to a PTO (Player Tryout Agreement). Thomas split time last season with the AHL's Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins. Thomas collected eight goals and 10 assists for 18 points in 39 games with Wilkes-Barre last year, while also collecting two goals and one assist in 16 games for Pittsburgh during the 2008-09 campaign. Thomas split the first two seasons of his pro career within the Phoenix Coyotes organization where he collected a career-high 24 goals, 28 assists and 52 points with the AHL's San Antonio Rampage during the 2007-08 season. Thomas has played in 161 career AHL games recording 45 goals and 58 assists for 103 points. In 56 career NHL contests, he has picked up 11 goals and nine assists for 20 points.
On Tuesday, November 4, the NHL's Edmonton Oilers returned Defenseman Theo Peckham to the Springfield Falcons. Peckham played in four games while in Edmonton, recording four PIMS. Peckham has played in five games this year for the Falcons, recording one point on one assist and 23 PIMS.
Sound Tigers Transactions: No Transactions.
Falcons Team and Player Notes:
* The Falcons home record this year is 3-0-1-1, earning eight points.
* Charles Linglet is tied for second in the American Hockey League in power play assists with five.
* The Falcons have the league's sixth best power play with a 20.3% success rate. Springfield is 4th in the AHL (25.0 %) at home and 9th in the AHL (17.9 %) on the power play on the road.
* Springfield has collected at least one point in all five of their home games (8 total points).
* The Falcons average only 13.6 PIM/game in their five wins, while averaging 30.75 PIM/game in their defeats.
Sound Tigers Team and Player Notes:
* Bridgeport's road record this season is 2-4-0-0, receiving four points for their efforts.
* Greg Mauldin is currently on a three-game goal streak, dating back to last Saturday against Portland.
* Bridgeport is eighth in the league on the penalty kill with a success rate of 88%, and they have the fourth best penalty kill on the road with a 91.2% success rate.
American Hockey League Stories from November 6, 2009
- First meeting with Toronto ends in loss for Lake Erie - Lake Erie Monsters
- Climie and Texas shutout Manitoba 4-0 - Texas Stars
- Albany comes-back for 5-4 overtime win against Lowell - Albany River Rats
- 'Dogs drop first game in regulation 2-1 to B-Sens - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Falcons Beat Sound Tigers - Move Into Third Place In Division - Springfield Falcons
- Groulx-ing End To Nine Round Shootout - Manchester Monarchs
- Taylor's overtime heroics give Amerks ninth straight win - Rochester Americans
- Moose shut out in Texas - Manitoba Moose
- River Rats Snap Four-Game Winless-Streak - Albany River Rats
- Griffins Run Winning Streak to Six - Grand Rapids Griffins
- River Rats Rally to Drop Devils in OT, 5-4 - Albany Devils
- Falcons fly past Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sharks Win in Nine-Round Shootout - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens beat Bulldogs 2-1 for second straight win - Binghamton Senators
- Wolf Pack win over Bruins - Connecticut Whale
- Three-Goal Third Period Earns Crunch Hard Fought Point - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins edge Wolves, 5-4 - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Win Third Straight Game to Even Record - Norfolk Admirals
- Pirates Blank the Bears - Portland Pirates
- P-Bruins fall to Wolf Pack 5-3 - Providence Bruins
- First Round Draft Picks Boedker & Ross Join Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Griffins' Three Games In Four Days Packed With Promotions - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Meet The Phantoms At UNO Chicago Grill - Adirondack Phantoms
- Crunch Announce Details Of Crunch Foundation Prize Wheel - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Recall Heshka From San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Falcons Host The Sound Tigers Tonight - Springfield Falcons
- Amerks Look For Nine Straight Tonight Against Syracuse - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Sign Right Wing Simon Ferguson And Center Bryan Lundbohm - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Pirates Sign Goaltender Nie - Portland Pirates
- Derlago Signs PTO With P-Bruins - Providence Bruins
- Griffins Welcome Wolves Tonight - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.