Mercury Announces 2009 Local Television Broadcast ScheduleMay 13, 2009 - Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) Phoenix Mercury
All five of the Mercury's local television broadcasts in 2009 are matchups slated against Western Conference opponents. The FOX Sports Arizona schedule kicks off when Lauren Jackson and the Seattle Storm come to the Valley of the Sun on June 21 to take on Diana Taurasi and the Mercury at US Airways Center at 5 p.m. On June 27, Phoenix visits the Minnesota Lynx at Target Center at 5 p.m. The July 15 midday matchup with the Sacramento Monarchs at US Airways Center will air live at 12:30 p.m. and then again at 7:30 p.m. that evening. Phoenix also takes on Lisa Leslie and the Los Angeles Sparks at STAPLES Center on July 5 at 6:30 p.m.
The Mercury rounds out its local television slate with a visit to the Alamo City to take on the Western Conference Champion San Antonio Silver Stars at AT&T Center on Aug. 15 at 5 p.m.
Phoenix will appear nationally on ESPN2 three times in 2009, twice on the road and once at home. The Mercury visits San Antonio on June 23 at AT&T Center and Connecticut on July 28 at Mohegan Sun Arena before hosting the Los Angeles Sparks at US Airways Center in its season finale on Sept. 13 at 12 p.m.
The Phoenix Mercury tips off the 2009 season on Saturday, June 6 vs. the San Antonio Silver Stars. Tickets for the home opener are on sale now and start at just $10. The first 6,000 through the doors on opening night will receive a commemorative T-shirt courtesy of the Arizona Lottery. Fans who would like to receive ticket offers prior to public on sale dates can sign up to become a member of Downtown Live free of charge at phoenixmercury.com. For tickets and information, call (602) 252-WNBA or visit phoenixmercury.com.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
• Digg this story
• Add to Del.icio.us
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 13, 2009
- Two players selected at Mercury Open Tryouts to practice with team in pre-training camp workouts - Phoenix Mercury
- Live Viewing for 33 of 34 Games in 10th Season - Indiana Fever
- Minnesota Lynx to Webcast Games Live For the First Time on Lynxbasketball.com - Minnesota Lynx
- DetroitShock.com to webcast all 17 home games live - Detroit Shock
- WNBA to Webcast Over 200 Games During the 2009 WNBA Season - WNBA
- Mercury Announces 2009 Local Television Broadcast Schedule - Phoenix Mercury
- Tickets On Sale For 2009 All-Star Game - WNBA
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.