Vipers Acquire Jared JordanDecember 17, 2008 - NBA Development League (D-League) - Rio Grande Valley Vipers Press Release
Originally selected in the second round of the 2007 NBA Draft by the Los Angeles Clippers, Jordan (6'2", 182) spent the 2008 NBA training camp with the New Orleans Hornets, one of the Vipers' NBA parent clubs, competing for a spot in the lineup before being waived. He was with the New York Knicks in training camp prior to the 2007-08 season.
Jordan spent the 2007-08 season in Lithuania, where he played in 11 games and shot 38.5% from the field.
The Hartford, Connecticut, native was one of the top point guards in the nation during his four-year career at Marist, leading the Red Foxes to the second round of the National Invitational Tournament his senior year.
At Marist, Jordan led the nation in assists as a junior (2006-07) with 8.5 per game, and increased that number to 8.7 per game as a senior. Jordan also averaged 16.1 points per game as a junior and 17.2 as a senior. Jordan also averaged 5.9 rebounds per game as a senior, with a career average of 4.8 per game.
NBA Development League Stories from December 17, 2008
- Sioux Falls Slips Past Colorado - Colorado 14ers
- Anaheim Acquires Kedrick Brown and Marcus Campbell - Anaheim Arsenal
- Vipers Acquire Jared Jordan - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Flash Host "Night of Giving" - Utah Flash
- Anaheim Arsenal Appear At Boys & Girls Club Clinic - Anaheim Arsenal
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - D-League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.