Anaheim Arsenal Appear At Boys & Girls Club Clinic
ANAHEIM, Calif. (Dec. 17, 2008) - The Anaheim Arsenal brought players and front office staff to assist a local Boys & Girls club with a basketball clinic for children at the Irvine branch.
After breaking into groups, Arsenal guard Ayinde Ubaka and center Kirk Walters taught the basics of dribbling, shooting, and passing to the crowd of 27 kids ranging from kindergartners to second graders who attended the clinic.
The drills quickly progressed to more challenging lessons like the Arsenal's slide defense which was picked up immediately by the eager young players.
The Anaheim Arsenal are proud to help their local community as part of the league-wide NBA D-League Cares program. The Arsenal work to better their local community through programs that support education, youth basketball, and community building.
The Arsenal return home Thursday, December 18th at 7:00 p.m. vs. the Idaho Stampede. Don't just watch the game, be a part of it! Ask about opportunities to play on the court, sing the national anthem, and perform at halftime. Call (714) 635-2255 or visit anaheimarsenal.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from December 17, 2008
- Sioux Falls Slips Past Colorado - Colorado 14ers
- Anaheim Acquires Kedrick Brown and Marcus Campbell - Anaheim Arsenal
- Vipers Acquire Jared Jordan - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Flash Host "Night of Giving" - Utah Flash
- Anaheim Arsenal Appear At Boys & Girls Club Clinic - Anaheim Arsenal
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.