Steelheads Off The HookJanuary 28, 2008 - ECHL (ECHL) Idaho Steelheads
The visit from Stockton marks the first to Boise since Idaho defeated the Thunder in six games during the 2007 Kelly Cup quarterfinals to advance to the semifinals against Las Vegas. Idaho went on to claim its second championship in four seasons.
Idaho has lost both games to the Thunder in Stockton this season; 3-2 on Nov. 3 and 4-0 on Nov. 4.
NATIONAL CONFERENCE, DIVISION STANDINGS as of 1/28/08
WEST GP W L T PTS PCT
Victoria Salmon Kings 43 27 11 5 59 0.686
Idaho Steelheads 42 22 13 7 51 0.607
Alaska Aces 40 20 15 5 45 0.562
Utah Grizzlies 42 19 19 4 42 0.500
Phoenix RoadRunners 42 15 21 6 36 0.429
PACIFIC GP W L T PTS PCT
Las Vegas Wranglers 42 27 8 7 61 0.726
Fresno Falcons 39 23 11 5 51 0.654
Stockton Thunder 40 18 20 2 38 0.475
Bakersfield Condors 40 12 20 8 32 0.400
BOISE ORTHOPEDIC CENTER INJURY REPORT/TRANSACTIONS
01/28/08 Delete Travis Wight, D transferred to the 30-day IR
01/27/08 Add Darrell Hay, D returned from Grand Rapids (AHL)
01/27/08 Delete Colin Sinclair, F placed on the 3-day IR
01/24/08 Add Ethan Graham, D assigned by Iowa (AHL)
01/24/08 Add John Snowden, F signed contract
01/24/08 Delete Darrell Hay, D loaned to Grand Rapids (AHL)
01/23/08 Delete Peter Vetri, G released from team/placed on waivers
UPCOMING THIS WEEK
Tue. 1/25/08 vs Stockton
Wed. 1/26/08 vs Stockton - Book Drive!
Fri. 2/1/08 @ Phoenix
Sat. 2/2/08 @ Phoenix
The Idaho Steelheads are teaming up with the nonprofit organization, First Book, during the game on Wednesday, Jan. 30 to give children from low-income families the opportunity to read and own their own books. Fans are asked to bring either a preschool-aged book to the game or make a cash donation at the game to help First Book Treasure Valley get books into the hands of children who would otherwise not have one. The Steelheads will give a 2-for-1 coupon to fans who make a donation at Wednesday's game. In addition, a raffle will be held and a lucky fan could win an Executive Suite to a future Steelheads game.
HAY'S DAY IN THE "A"
Veteran defenseman and ECHL All-Star Darrell Hay was returned to the Steelheads Sunday following a brief call up to the American Hockey League's Grand Rapids Griffins. Hay played in one game in Saturday's 5-3 loss to the Chicago Wolves. Vancouver's eighth choice, 271st overall, in the 1999 NHL Entry Draft, Hay has played in 106 AHL games with Manitoba and Utah during his eight-year career, totaling 28 points (9g-19a). Hay participated in the ECHL All-Star Festivities as an Alternate Captain for the National Team in Stockton last week before joining the Grand Rapids team.
Steelheads have won eight of the team's last 10 road games
Steelheads have won the last three shootout decisions
Steelheads are 7-0-0 in the team's last seven one-goal contests since Dec. 14
Steelheads are 17-1-1 when allowing less than three goals in a game this season
Greg Rallo has at least one point in nine of his last 11 outings, racking up eight goals and six assists during that span
Goalie Matt Zaba is 3-0-0 with the Steelheads
In his last seven games, captain Marty Flichel has 10 points, including three multi-assist tilts
The Steelheads will have a pre-game skate-around on Tuesday and Wednesday from 10-11am this week at Qwest Arena.
Listen to all 72 games with ECHL's Broadcaster of the Year Joe O'Donnell calling the action. Joe is joined in the booth this season by current and former Steelheads players who will provide color commentary. Tune in to ESPN Radio 1350 KTIK the Ticket on games nights as well as Monday though Friday at 6:00 pm for the Bud Light Idaho Steelheads Hockey Show as Joe talks all things Steelheads.
All home and road games can be watched through a link on the Steelheads website provided by B2 Networks for $6 a game, or buy The Power Play Season Pass season pass to catch every game for $140.
The Idaho Steelheads offer a variety of ticket plans to fit any schedule or pocket book. Call (208) 383-0080 to find out more. For day of game tickets, visit idahosteelheads.com and use the print at home feature, or call (208) 331-TIXS or visit the box office at Qwest Arena.
ECHL Stories from January 28, 2008
- Bakersfield gaining ground in National Conference - Bakersfield Condors
- Steelheads Off The Hook - Idaho Steelheads
- RoadRunners nail down California split - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Bakersfield Gaining Ground In National Conference - Bakersfield Condors
- Gulutzan Wins 200th, Wranglers Sweep Grizzlies - Las Vegas Wranglers
- The Pow-Wow Lineup Gets Gritty With Sgroi And Knight - Johnstown Chiefs
- Marlies return Cashman, Doig and Wellar - Columbia Inferno
- Wheeling Nailers to host "Shred Rodriguez" Night - Wheeling Nailers
- All For One... - Reading Royals
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- '06 Kelly Cup champion calls it a career after seven seasons - Alaska Aces
- Sea Wolves Weekly - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Bombers Weekly Update - Dayton Bombers
- Devils Continue To Enjoy Home Cooking - Trenton Devils
- Cyclones Drop Ticket Prices - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Salmon Kings Receive Gajic Back From Moose - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Weekly Arrowhead - Johnstown Chiefs
- Jackals Journal - Elmira Jackals
- Fresno Falcons Weekly - Fresno Falcons
- Cyclones Have 20/20 Vision - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Inferno Weekly - Columbia Inferno
- Ice Pilots Weekly - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Everblades Weekly - Florida Everblades
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Gwinnett Gladiators
- Aces rally, then see third period lead evaporate in 7-5 loss - Alaska Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.