Hounds Lose To BugsJanuary 8, 2008 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Youngstown SteelHounds
Chris Brassard opened the scoring for the Bugs at just 6:25 of the first period to make it 1-0. The Mudbugs captain had two goals and two assists on the evening. Kirill Starkov tied the game at one with a power play goal at 9:41 as they went into the first intermission tied at one. Starkov is now on a five game point streak.
Brett Smith scored just 17 seconds into the second period to put the Mudbugs up 2-1 after two periods.
Tyrel Lucas scored to put the Bugs up 3-1 at 7:02 of the third period. Kevin Cooper was awarded a penalty shot and cashed in on it at 12:05 to make it 4-1. Jeff Alocmbrack tried to rally the Hounds with a power play goal at 13:09 to make it 4-2 but it was too late as Chris Brassard scored his second of the night with 39 seconds left to give Bossier-Shreveport the 5-2 win.
The Hounds out shot the Bugs 17-5 in the third period and 35-34 for the game but Ken Carroll made 33 saves to propel the Mudbugs to their 15th straight home victory and 11th straight overall.
The Hounds have now lost four straight on the road after starting the season 12-1-1. They have also lost four straight to the Mudbugs who lead the season series 4-2. Youngstown is now 20-9-2 (42 points) and are three back of the Mudbugs (21-7-3, 45 points) for first place in the Northeast Division.
The SteelHounds will stay on the road as they take on the Mississippi RiverKings on Friday and Saturday night at 8:05pm. All SteelHounds games are available on ESPN Radio 1240 and SteelHounds.com.
Central Hockey League Stories from January 8, 2008
- Mudbugs Tie Team Record Home Win Streak - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Sundogs Move Back into First Place with 6-5 Victory - Arizona Sundogs
- Hounds Lose To Bugs - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Thunder edge RiverKings, 4-2 - Mississippi RiverKings
- Andy Franck To Return To Hounds - Youngstown SteelHounds
- Rage's Comeback Win Voted CHL Performance of the Week - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Bees Get Beaucoup With Big Snake - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Bucks Place Traylen On Injured Reserve - Laredo Bucks
- Sundogs Announce Broadcast Change, Game to be Broadcast on 105.1 FM The Canyon at 6:35pm - Arizona Sundogs
- Back To School For The Brahmas - Fort Worth Brahmas
- CHL Performance of the Week Winner Announced - CHL
- Brahmas Regroup, Make Trade - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Tonight's match up - Tulsa Oilers
- Stanley Cup to Appear at CHL All-Star Game in Broomfield - Rocky Mountain Rage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.