Aaron Downey assigned to BulldogsFebruary 27, 2007 - American Hockey League (AHL) Hamilton Bulldogs
Downey, 32, played in 21 games with the Canadiens this season, and registered one goal (1-0-1) and 48 penalty minutes. Obtained from the St. Louis Blues through waivers on January 23rd, 2006, Downey has played in a total of 46 games with the Canadiens and collected six points (2-4-6), with 98 penalty minutes.
In the National Hockey League, Downey has played in 183 games with the Canadiens, the Boston Bruins (1999-00), the Chicago Blackhawks (2000-02), the Dallas Stars (2002-04) and the St. Louis Blues (2005-06). He has registered 13 points, including seven goals, and 371 penalty minutes.
In operation since 1936, the American Hockey League is the top development league for all 30 National Hockey League teams. Over 80 percent of NHL players are AHL graduates, and more than 350 AHL players were recalled to the NHL during the 2005-2006 season alone.
The Bulldogs return to action on Wednesday, February 28th at the Omaha Civic Auditorium when they battle the Ak-Sar-Ben Knights at 8:00 p.m. Fans can listen to the game on the flagship station of the Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Network, 820 CHAM "The Legend," beginning with the Park's Furniture Pre-Game Show at 7:40 p.m. Fans can also listen or watch at www.hamiltonbulldogs.com by clicking on the 'B2 Networks' or '820 CHAM' icon on the 'Dogs website.
The next scheduled home game for Hamilton is on Sunday, March 18th in Montreal at the Bell Centre against the Syracuse Crunch at 3:00 p.m. The Dogs' return home to Copps Coliseum on Wednesday, March 21st to host the Rochester Americans at 7:30 p.m. Tickets for all 'Dogs home games (except home game #32) are available at the Copps Coliseum Box Office, any Ticketmaster outlet, online at www.ticketmaster.ca, or through charge-by-phone at 905-527-7666.
American Hockey League Stories from February 27, 2007
- Rampage fall, 4-1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Monarchs Gift Wrap A Win On Max's Birthday - Manchester Monarchs
- Stars Win Streak at Six, Road Streak at Seven - Iowa Chops
- Admirals Lose Third Straight Game - Norfolk Admirals
- Three former 'Dogs dealt on NHL trade deadline day - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Kings Acquire Heward From Washington - Manchester Monarchs
- Iowa benefits at NHL trade deadline - Iowa Chops
- Thrashers ship Bourret to Rangers - Chicago Wolves
- Nilsson Involved in Trade for Smyth - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Rangers Acquire Right Wing Alex Bourret - Connecticut Whale
- Florida assigns newly acquired defenseman to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Lehtonen Traded by Predators - Milwaukee Admirals
- Kings Acquire Draft Pick For Ward - Manchester Monarchs
- Kings Trade Pushkarev, Norstrom To Dallas - Manchester Monarchs
- Three Win Week for Devils - Albany Devils
- Constant Recalled from Charlotte - Connecticut Whale
- Blackhawks Recall Martin St. Pierre - Norfolk Admirals
- Griffins Grab Former NHL First-Rounder - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rats to hold post-game jersey auction - Albany River Rats
- Bears acquire Scott Barney from Grand Rapids - Hershey Bears
- Helbling traded to Buffalo Sabres - Hershey Bears
- Jason Krog Returns to Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Canucks Re-assign Moran to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Canucks Assign Chouinard to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Aaron Downey assigned to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Build Bruiser a dog house - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Iowa Stars Extra broadcasts - Iowa Chops
- Iowa Stars Announce TV Show Dates and Times - Iowa Chops
- Wellar Reassigned from ECHL Alaska; Benson Signed to PTO - Peoria Rivermen
- Cumiskey called up to Colorado - Albany River Rats
- AHL announces suspensions - AHL
- Wolves Light The Lamp For Literature - Chicago Wolves
- Canadiens recall Andrei Kostitsyn - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Falcons Recall Three From Johnstown - Springfield Falcons
- Sharks gear up for huge weekend both on and off the ice - Worcester Sharks
- Knights Begin Five-Game Home Stand - Abbotsford Heat
- Crunch Trade Center Ben Simon to Grand Rapids in Exchange for Right Wing Ryan Keller - Syracuse Crunch
- Kings Trade Sopel To Vancouver - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.