D.C. United Signs F Jason ThompsonJuly 23, 2004 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - D.C. United
We are excited to have Jason join our organization, said Dave Kasper, United Technical Director. He is a talented young player and we look forward to his contributions to our team.
Thompson, a member of the U-23 National Team, has made just one appearance in league play this season as a result of spending time rehabilitating a torn ACL suffered while training with the U-23 National Team in Portugal in January. In 2003, he played with the U-23 National Team on a tour of England in which he scored two goals.
A standout in college, Thompson was an Honorable Mention All-Missouri Valley Conference selection in 2001, his second year at Eastern Illinois University. In 2000, he led the nation in goals and was runner-up in points. His efforts earned him a unanimous pick as Missouri Valley Conference Newcomer of the Year, Soccer America Freshman All-American, and Second Team All-Mid Region.
Major League Soccer Stories from July 23, 2004
- Wizards Host Dallas Burn August 4th in U.S. Open Cup Quarterfinals - Sporting Kansas City
- Pre-Game Report: MetroStars vs. Chicago Fire - New York Red Bulls
- Galaxy try to protect lead on the road - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Colorado Rapids Game Notes - Colorado Rapids
- Burn Trades Forward Jason Thompson To DC United - FC Dallas
- D.C. United Signs F Jason Thompson - D.C. United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.