Zvyagin Named IHL Goalie Of The Week
FLINT, MI - The Flint Generals newest member, Sergei Zvyagin wasted little time making an impact for the team and making an impression on the league, earning the title of IHL Goaltender of the week after his first full week and only his second game.
The 39-year old netminder was between the pipes for the Generals this past Sunday in Fort Wayne, where he posted a league-high 54 saves on the 56 shots he was shelled with. Zvyagin shut down the Komets and their 18 shots in the third period after the Generals took a 3-2 lead, and held on for the win and a.964 save percentage and a 2 goals against average for the game.
Zvyagin and the Generals return to action this Wednesday, March 10th when they head to Dayton to take on the Gems. They return to Perani Friday to host the Gems, another Facebook Friday and Brighton vs. Howell City Pride Night.
Tickets for Friday's game are available at the Perani Arena Ticket Office, by phone at 810-744-0580, or through Ticketmaster. For group ticket information, call the Generals Office at 810-744-0222.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from March 8, 2010
- Lindberg And Bedard Earn IHL Weekly Awards - Port Huron Icehawks
- Zvyagin Named IHL Goalie Of The Week - Flint Generals
- Mallards To Meet Fans At Hayman's Westside Ace Hardware In Davenport - Quad City Mallards
- IHL Awards Weekly Honors For Week Twenty-One - IHL 2
- Generals On A Roll - IHL 2
- Komets Home For Three Games In Four Nights - Fort Wayne Komets
- Generals Weekly Notes - Flint Generals
- Thunder Falls - Bloomington PrairieThunder
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals