Zach Reget Named MASL Player of the Week
St. Charles, MO - St. Louis Ambush forward Zach Reget has been selected Major Arena Soccer League Player of the Week for Week Six of the 2018-19 season. Reget was named to the Team of the Week on Tuesday. The Player of the Week is selected from the Team of the Week by a combination of votes from each MASL teams and from fans.
The honor marks Reget's first Player of the Week award and the first time an Ambush player has garnered it this season. His selection to Team of the Week was the second such accolade he has received this season, having earned a spot on the team for Week Four and an honorable mention for Week Three.
The Ambush played one game during Week Six, a 5-4 win over the Florida Tropics at the Family Arena on Saturday, January 5. Reget tallied two goals, including the game-winner, in that contest. He is having a stellar rookie season, as he is tied for fourth in the league in goals scored overall and also leads all rookie players in that category. The Kenosha, Wisconsin native was signed by the Ambush last season but didn't play his first major league game until this season, having appeared in all eight of the team's matches.
The Ambush will be in action in Reget's home state when they face the Milwaukee Wave this Saturday, January 12 at 1:05 p.m. CT at the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena. Following that contest, the Ambush journey to Independence to duel the Kansas City Comets on Friday, January 18 at 7:35 p.m. CT. The next Ambush home game is slated for Saturday, January 19 at 7:05 p.m. CT at the Family Arena when Utica City FC comes to town for the first time. For those unable to attend in person, all MASL games are webcast live at masl.tv.
Group and single game tickets are on sale for all Ambush home games. For more information, call the Ambush office at 636-477-6363. Keep up to date on all Ambush news by following the official website, stlambush.com and on Facebook and Twitter.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from January 10, 2019
- San Diego Sockers Match Notes: San Diego and Ontario Tangle in Round 3 Of The I-15 Derby - San Diego Sockers
- MetroStars Face Utica City - Mississauga MetroStars
- St Louis Ambush Forward Zach Reget Named Player of the Week - MASL
- Zach Reget Named MASL Player of the Week - St. Louis Ambush
- Baltimore Blast vs. Harrisburg Heat Preview - Baltimore Blast
- Dallas Sidekicks Announce January 13th Promotions - Dallas Sidekicks
- Tacoma Stars Week 7 Game Previews - Tacoma Stars
- Come See the Wave for Back-To-Back Home Games this Weekend - Milwaukee Wave
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.