Young's Trio Powers Bulls Offense in Friday Night Throwdown
Odessa, TX - Jonathan Young's hat-trick fueled an offensive explosion, as the Amarillo Bulls blew past the Odessa Jackalopes 7-2 on Friday.
Amarillo would find itself behind in the shots, early in the contest, but would grasp the lead when Jonathan Young drew a penalty shot 7:34 into the period and would bury the chance for the 1-0 lead. Just over half a minute later, Aaron White would tuck hoe a point-blank chance to double up the Bulls lead. Later in the period, the Bulls would grow their advantage to 3-0 when Young threw a rebounding puck off of the pads of Odessa's Aaron Randazzo that trickled into the back of the net. The Jackalopes would get on the board with seconds remaining in the frame, when Vilho Saariluoma would tuck home the goal to break up the Amarillo run.
The second period started with Amarillo growing it's lead when Niclas Puikkonen sniped a shot into the back of the from the slot to make the game 4-1. After a wild exchange of penalties and fighting majors between the two teams, Young would cap off his hat-trick with a powerplay tally. Later in the frame, Nick Stapleton would redirect a Matt Allen deflection into the back of the net to give the Bulls the 6-1 lead. Matt Hutton would stop the Amarillo run when he scored beyond the mid-way point in the frame.
The Bulls would add to their big offensive night, one more time, when Noah Carlin fired a one-timer into the back of the net in the opening moments of the final period.
Charlie Glockner would stop 27 of 29 shots, while Allen recorded three assists in the victory.
With the win, the Bulls are now 17-5-1-2 and hold 37 points and second place in the South Division.
The Bulls will remain on the road on Saturday, December 7 to take on the Odessa Jackalopes. Mark Shelley will broadcast the game from the Spicy Mike's Bar-B-Q Broadcast Booth, and the action will begin at 7:15PM CST on 107.1 Nash Icon and Hockey TV.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2019
- Weekend Preview vs. Shreveport - New Mexico Ice Wolves
- Young's Trio Powers Bulls Offense in Friday Night Throwdown - Amarillo Bulls
- IceRays Start Weekend with 3-1 Win against Brahmas - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Nichols Leads Bugs in Win over Wolves - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Last Minute St. Cloud Goal Dooms Bruins, 4-3 - Austin Bruins
- Late Goal Powers Rebels Past Black Bears - Maryland Black Bears
- Bulls Name 2019-2020 Alternate Captains - Amarillo Bulls
- Mitchell Digby Is Latest Addition to Commitment List - Lone Star Brahmas
- Wings vs. Wilderness Tonight at the Odde - Aberdeen Wings
- Bobcats and Bears - Minot Minotauros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Amarillo Bulls Stories
- Bulls Clinch Postseason Berth with Shutout Win over Odessa
- Trela and Gutjahr Shine in Second Straight Shutout of Odessa
- Offense Shines as Gutjahr and Bulls Blank Jackalopes
- Proctor Joins Hockey Operations Staff as Head Equipment Manager
- Bulls Surrender Lead Late as Mudbugs Force a Weekend Split