Bulls Name 2019-2020 Alternate Captains
Amarillo, TX - The Amarillo Bulls announced their 2019-2020 alternate captaincies ahead of their Friday night game against the Odessa Jackalopes.
Head Coach Rocky Russo informed the team that forward Nick Trela and defenseman Lauri Sertti would wear the "A" and provide leadership alongside Captain Matt Allen.
Trela, a Trenton, MI native, is in the midst of his second season is an Amarillo Bulls sweater, totaling five goals and seven assists in 18 games this season. He spent the 2019 summer in Sochi, Russia with Russo as a member of Team NAHL at the 2019 Sirius Ice Hockey World Cup.
"This is very surreal and a great honor to wear a letter and to be looked at as a leader on this team," said Trela. "I take great pride with being a part of this organization and I can't wait to help the team achieve our goals this year. I am looking forward to helping facilitate the special culture we have here with Matt and Lauri."
Sertti arrived with the Bulls at the beginning of this season and quickly made an impression on Bulls fans and the entire South Division. The Espoo, Finland native currently leads all Bulls defensemen in scoring, tallying three goals and nine assists through 24 games. Prior to the season, Sertti committed to continue his playing career at Division I RPI.
"It is truly an honor to be chosen to help lead this team," said Sertti. "We have a great culture, and I want to help continue the success that the Bulls have had over the last 10 years."
The two alternate captains will make their first appearances wearing the "A" in tonight's contest.
"We are excited to add Nick and Lauri as alternate captains," said Russo. "They each provide excellent leadership both on and off the ice. Each is capable of leading by example and setting the bar for their teammates. We are confident they will be a great support staff for Matt and help to lead our team toward great success."
The Bulls will remain on the road on Friday, December 6 to take on the Odessa Jackalopes. Mark Shelley will broadcast the game from the Spicy Mike's Bar-B-Q Broadcast Booth, and the action will begin at 7:15PM CST on 107.1 Nash Icon and Hockey TV.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from December 6, 2019
- Weekend Preview vs. Shreveport - New Mexico Ice Wolves
- Young's Trio Powers Bulls Offense in Friday Night Throwdown - Amarillo Bulls
- IceRays Start Weekend with 3-1 Win against Brahmas - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Nichols Leads Bugs in Win over Wolves - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Last Minute St. Cloud Goal Dooms Bruins, 4-3 - Austin Bruins
- Late Goal Powers Rebels Past Black Bears - Maryland Black Bears
- Bulls Name 2019-2020 Alternate Captains - Amarillo Bulls
- Mitchell Digby Is Latest Addition to Commitment List - Lone Star Brahmas
- Wings vs. Wilderness Tonight at the Odde - Aberdeen Wings
- Bobcats and Bears - Minot Minotauros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.