Yard Goats Put Lid on Home Season
Hartford, CT- Opening Day is only 216 days away. The Hartford Yard Goats put a lid on their first season at award-winning Dunkin' Donuts Park, losing to the Portland Sea Dogs 9-3 Thursday night, before 6,850. It was the 41st sellout of the season. Hartford, which sold out 26 of its last 31 home games, finished with a season attendance of 395,196. The average per game attendance was 5,812.
Portland ended an 11-game road losing streak and salvaged the finale of a four-game series, unleashing a 14-hit attack that included four home runs. Jeremy Barfield slugged two home runs and knocked in three, while, Josh Tobias and Josh Ockimey also homered for the Red Sox affiliate. First round draft choice Michael Chavis broke open a two-run game with a three-run double in the seventh inning.
Omar Carrizales led the Hartford attack with a double and a single. Dom Nunez added an RBI-triple. Two Yard Goats runs scored on errors. Hartford won the season series over Portland, capturing 12 of the 21 games played between the rivals.
Hartford's next home game is Opening Night, April 5, 2018 against the New Hampshire Fisher Cats at 7:05.
The Yard Goats wrap up their season with four games in Binghamton against the Mets affiliate, starting Friday night at 7:05. Lefthander Nick Additon will pitch for Hartford against righthander Corey Oswalt for Binghamton.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from September 1, 2017
- Fightin Phils Comeback Attempt Falls Short - Reading Fightin Phils
- Squirrels Steal Extra Inning Win; Take Season Series - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- 'Dogs Hit Four Homers in a 9-3 Win at Hartford - Portland Sea Dogs
- Curve Fall in Extras Again to Wrap up Road Trip - Altoona Curve
- Yard Goats Put Lid on Home Season - Hartford Yard Goats
- RubberDucks 6 Senators 5 - Akron RubberDucks
- Baysox Drop Series Finale to Thunder - Bowie Baysox
- Ponies Cap Memorable Month with Sweep - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.