Yanmar Sponsors New York Red Bulls as Jersey Patch Sponsor for MLS Is Back Tournament
HARRISON, N.J. - In advance of the New York Red Bulls return to action with the MLS is Back Tournament in Orlando, Florida, the Club announced today that Yanmar will have enhanced presence by being featured on the First-Team kit. As the official sleeve-patch partner, Yanmar's logo will be displayed on both sleeves of team's uniform for the duration of the nationally-televised tournament.
"When identifying a partner for our jersey sleeve, it was very important that their core values reflected those of our club," said Red Bulls General Manager Marc de Grandpre. "For the last five years, our relationship with Yanmar has continued to evolve and we are extremely proud that they will be further ingrained within our organization and community."
Yanmar has been the New York Red Bulls official Agricultural Machinery Partner, Marine Partner and Diesel Engine Partner since 2015. Yanmar was the first partner to have permanent branding inside of Red Bull Arena and has also featured on the sleeve of the club's training gear since 2015.
The Red Bulls and Yanmar's partnership extends beyond traditional partnership assets. Yanmar's Agricultural Machinery equipment plays an integral role in the maintenance of Red Bull Arena's world-class playing surface. In 2018, Yanmar put its Marine division to work in support of the Red Bull Foiling Generation World Finals held in Miami, Florida.
"Soccer unites people, across languages and borders" said Sota Harayama, head of the Sports Business Promotion Office of YANMAR HOLDINGS Co., Ltd.
"Together with New York Red Bulls, it is Yanmar's hope that the return of the competition will inspire and encourage fans in these unprecedented times. It is in these most trying circumstances that we need to support each other even more and that is what we aim to symbolize by having our logo on the team's jersey."
The MLS is Back Tournament kicks off on July 8, with the Red Bulls first match coming on July 11 against Atlanta United FC. Kickoff is set for 8 p.m., with coverage on FOX and TUDN. The tournament will be held entirely on the properties of Disney's Wide World of Sports complex. Extensive health and safety protocols have been put in place for the well-being of players and staff, including regular Covid-19 testing.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 6, 2020
- Yanmar Sponsors New York Red Bulls as Jersey Patch Sponsor for MLS Is Back Tournament - New York Red Bulls
- Rapids Depart for Orlando After All Members of Traveling Party Test Negative for COVID-19 - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: July 6, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- FC Dallas Withdrawn from MLS Is Back Tournament - MLS
- Major League Soccer Withdraws FC Dallas from MLS Is Back Tournament - FC Dallas
- McDonough and Alonso Provide Updates Ahead of MLS Is Back Tournament - Inter Miami CF
- Know Your Opponent: Inter Miami CF - Orlando City SC
- Revolution Sign Defender Collin Verfurth from Revolution II - MLS
- Carlos Vela to Skip MLS is Back Tournament - Los Angeles FC
- RAVE Foundation and Seattle Storm Unite with Symetra Life Insurance Company to Renovate Public Multi-Purpose Recreation Space for Youth - Seattle Sounders FC
- Whitecaps FC Loan Gianfranco Facchineri to Canadian Premier League Club AtlÃÂ©tico Ottawa - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- MLS Is Back Tournament to Recognize Best Stars and Greatest Moments - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- White's Late-Match Equalizer Secures Point from Orlando City
- New York and Orlando City Conclude Home-And-Home at RBA
- Red Bulls Blank Atlanta United Again, 1-0, in 2020
- New York Red Bulls Name Bernd Eibler Assistant Coach
- New York and Toronto FC Clash at Rentschler Field on Wednesday