WR DePriest joins Shock
The Spokane Shock announced today that WR Michael DePriest has been assigned to the 2008 roster.
DePriest, 6-0 195, played for the Texas Christian University Horned Frogs. Following his career at TCU, he signed a free agent contract with the Indianapolis Colts, before being released prior to the start of the season.
In his career at TCU, DePriest collected 50 receptions, 785 yards and five touchdowns. DePriest, who ran a 4.38 in the 40-yard dash, used his speed throughout his career participating in two of the longest passing plays in school history. His junior season, Depriest caught an 82-yard touchdown reception to help seal a win in the EVI.net Houston Bowl in a win over Iowa State, 27-24. In 2004 season opener, DePriest was on the receiving end of an 84-yard touchdown reception in a double-overtime victory over Northwestern.
"Micheal DePriest played at high-level in college. The TCU offense placed a strong emphasis on the ground game so his statistics don't jump out," Head Coach Adam Shackleford explained. "But his Pro Day Workout, and athletic ability were enough to earn him an NFL contract. He is as athletic as any player this organization has signed."
Depriest is the 23rd player on the Shock's 2008 roster. Season tickets for the 2008 season are on sale now and can be purchased by calling 509 242 7462.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from November 28, 2007
- WR DePriest joins Shock - Spokane Shock
- ThunderBirds set December 8 for first tryout - Daytona Beach ThunderBirds
- Manchester Wolves Announce Top-Notch Player Signings - Manchester Wolves
- Lubbock's Victor Mann Heads to AFL's New York Dragons - Lubbock Renegades
- Vipers Assigned Players; Release Schedule - Alabama Vipers
- Firecats Announce 2008 Schedule - Florida Firecats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.