Worcester Railers HC to Pledge $100,000 to YOU Inc.
Worcester, MA - The Worcester Railers Hockey Club (@RailersHC), proud ECHL (@ECHL) affiliate of the New York Islanders (@NYIslanders), and President Michael G. Myers (@Myzie35) officially announced today that the Railers HC Foundation has pledged $100,000 to YOU Inc. over the next three years in support of their psychiatry department.
The Railers have committed to donate $100,000 over the next three years to support the expansion of YOU, Inc.'s psychiatry department, a critical foundation to many of its most intensive services that support mental health for children and adolescents.
To celebrate the Worcester Railers HC Foundation's ongoing commitment to the youth of YOU, Inc. (Youth Opportunities Upheld, Inc.) an end-of-year cookout was held today from 12-1pm at the George Bernardin Oxford House, YOU, Inc.'s long-term intensive group home for boys ages 11-18. Railers team President Michael Myers and front office personnel visited with team mascot TRAX to celebrate with the 12 young men currently living there and YOU, Inc. staff.
"Owner Cliff Rucker and his team demonstrate time and again a genuine commitment to youth. Cliff has personally connected to our mission and the entire Railers organization has built a true partnership with YOU, Inc.," said YOU, Inc. CEO & President Kristine Bostek.
The Railers have partnered with You Inc. before, sponsoring major fundraising events, including YOU, Inc.'s most recent Gala with special guest Paul Pierce. The Railers have also provided thousands of tickets to YOU, Inc. staff and clients through a partnership with the Hanover Insurance Foundation.
"The Railers are proud to formally partner with YOU, Inc. and assist with all the great services they provide the youth of Central Massachusetts,"said Myers. "YOU, Inc. is a tremendous community partner and resource and we look forward to supporting their efforts in the expansion of their psychiatric department."
The YOU, Inc. George Bernardin Oxford House is a long-term intensive group home for adolescent boys (ages 11-18) who have experienced significant adverse life events that have impacted their function at home, school, and in the community. The Oxford House provides a safe and structured environment in a traditional colonial home where family and community participation is emphasized.
The Worcester Railers HC 2018-19 home opener at the DCU Center is Saturday, October 20 vs. the Maine Mariners. The only way to secure your spot to opening night is by purchasing a season membership, flex package or a group outing by contacting the Railers HC front office at 508-365-1750 or by visiting www.RailersHC.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 27, 2018
- Mariners Add Four Players For Inaugural Season - Maine Mariners
- Palin Named ECHL Sponsorship Sales Executive of the Year - Florida Everblades
- Worcester Railers HC to Pledge $100,000 to YOU Inc. - Worcester Railers HC
- Cyclones Announce Dates for Concrete Clones Summer Tour - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Over 250 Team Representatives Attend ECHL Meetings Presented by Fevo - ECHL
- Mike Monfredo Back for 2018-19 Season - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Announce Schedule Change - South Carolina Stingrays
- Worcester Railers' Andrew Nawn Awarded Ticket Executive of the Year Award from ECHL - Worcester Railers HC
- IceMen Announce First Player Signing of 2018-2019 - Jacksonville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Worcester Railers HC Stories
- Worcester Railers HC Announce Exhibition Schedule
- Five Players Who Saw Time in Worcester Last Season Participating in NY Islanders Rookie Camp
- Worcester Railers HC Single-Game Tickets on Sale Now
- Worcester Railers HC Add Defenseman and Forward to Roster
- Worcester Railers HC Announce Promotion and Front Office Addition