Worcester Railers' Andrew Nawn Awarded Ticket Executive of the Year Award from ECHL
Worcester, MA - The Worcester Railers Hockey Club (@RailersHC), proud ECHL (@ECHL) affiliate of the New York Islanders (@NYIslanders), and President Michael G. Myers (@Myzie35) officially announced today that Andrew Nawn has been awarded the annual Ticket Executive of the Year award from the ECHL for the 2017-18 season.
The award is presented to an individual who has experienced success with the ticket sales process. The winner is selected by a vote of league general managers and ticketing managers.
Andrew Nawn serves as the Manager of Group Sales and HC Memberships. At the end of the 2017-18 season, the Railers ranked first in youth sports ticket sales and finished top five in schools, birthday, scouts, and college ticket sales out of the 27 teams that make up the ECHL.
The Railers led the league in pre-game ice sold and intermission performances. In addition, the organization finished top 10 in all fan experiences that are tracked by the league.
Personally, Nawn helped set the Worcester pro hockey attendance record for a single game on opening night by selling over 1,000 group tickets and creating a game plan which resulted in over 4,300 group tickets sold.
Before joining the Railers, Nawn spent 18 months with the Florida Panthers as a group ticket sales executive, where he spearheaded several new ticket initiatives. Nawn previously spent three and a half years with the Worcester Sharks as a youth hockey ticket specialist and a public relations intern.
"We are honored to have Andrew win this award and be recognized by the league," said Myers. "His hard work is a testament to his dedication to our organization and his passion for youth hockey in our community."
The Auburn, MA native has focused on developing youth hockey throughout Central Massachusetts and oversees all group sales for the Railers. Andrew is a graduate of Framingham State University with a bachelor's degree in Corporate Communications.
The Worcester Railers HC 2018-19 home opener at the DCU Center is Saturday, October 20 vs. the Maine Mariners. The only way to secure your spot to opening night is by purchasing a season membership, flex package or a group outing by contacting the Railers HC front office at 508-365-1750 or by visiting www.RailersHC.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from June 27, 2018
- Mariners Add Four Players For Inaugural Season - Maine Mariners
- Palin Named ECHL Sponsorship Sales Executive of the Year - Florida Everblades
- Worcester Railers HC to Pledge $100,000 to YOU Inc. - Worcester Railers HC
- Cyclones Announce Dates for Concrete Clones Summer Tour - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Over 250 Team Representatives Attend ECHL Meetings Presented by Fevo - ECHL
- Mike Monfredo Back for 2018-19 Season - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Announce Schedule Change - South Carolina Stingrays
- Worcester Railers' Andrew Nawn Awarded Ticket Executive of the Year Award from ECHL - Worcester Railers HC
- IceMen Announce First Player Signing of 2018-2019 - Jacksonville IceMen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Worcester Railers HC Stories
- Railers Score Season High Six Goals in 6-2 Road Win in Allen
- Railers Cough up Three Goal Third Period Lead and Fall 5-4 in Overtime in Maine
- Railers Battle Back But Fall in Overtime 4-3 to Visiting Cyclones
- Tyler Barnes Extends Goal Scoring Streak to Six Games in 5-1 Home Loss to Wheeling
- Three Third Period Power Play Goals Pace Railers to 3-2 Comeback Win over Greenville