Wolves Can't Keep Pace with Clippers in Road Matchup
Ontario, Calif. - The Iowa Wolves (17-19) dropped a 139-124 contest to the Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario (18-18) on the road Thursday night.
Iowa led for most of the first three quarters and by as many as 14 points before being outpaced by the Clippers in the second half 77-54.
Kelan Martin stayed red hot on the offensive end, finishing with a game-high 32 points while shooting 13-of-23 from the field and 5-of-10 from beyond the arc.
As a team the Wolves shot 53.2% from the field, converting over half their shots for the third straight game.
Lindell Wigginton and Barry Brown Jr. each finished in double figures off the bench for the Wolves, collecting 18 and 10 points apiece.
Jaylen Johnson tallied 10 points and a team-high seven assists playing at the forward position.
The Clippers were led offensively by the three-headed monster including: James Palmer Jr. (31), Markel Crawford (30) and Donte Grantham (22). Collectively the three shot 51.7% from the floor for the game.
Iowa takes NBA All-Star Weekend off before resuming play on the road against the Salt Lake City Stars on Wednesday, February 19 at 8:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 14, 2020
- BayHawks Complete Trade with Fort Wayne Mad Ants - Erie BayHawks
- Full Season Membership on Sale for 2020-21 College Park Skyhawks Season - College Park Skyhawks
- Wolves Can't Keep Pace with Clippers in Road Matchup - Iowa Wolves
- Clips Beat Wolves with Season-Best Performance - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights to Braian Angola-Rodas and 2020 NBA G League First Round Draft Pick in Trade with Magic
- Timberwolves Recall Jacob Evans III and Jarred Vanderbilt from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves
- Lakers Come from Behind Victory Spoils Brown's Big Day
- Timberwolves Assign Jacob Evans III to G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves
- Minnesota Timberwolves Recall Jacob Evans III from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves