Clips Beat Wolves with Season-Best Performance
ONTARIO, Calif. - The Agua Caliente Clippers (18-18) get a much needed victory, taking down the Iowa Wolves (17-19), 139-124, on Thursday night. The 139 points scored are the most by the team this season.
The Wolves, a day after putting up 152 points and hitting 24 three-pointers, stayed hot and came out of the gates strong, shooting 16-for-24 from the field (66.7 percent) in the first quarter and taking a 14-point advantage early in the second. Agua Caliente had a response, staying within reach and, thanks to a Donte Grantham three-pointer with 3:13 remaining in the third, took their first lead since the opening minutes of the game at 89-88. The Clippers didn't look back for the remainder of the game, tying their season-high with a 42-point fourth quarter to seal the victory.
Six Clippers scored in double-figures, led by James Palmer Jr.'s 31 points and Markel Crawford's 30 points on seven-of-10 shooting from distance. J.J. Avila, Xavier Rathan-Mayes, and Desi Rodriguez each recorded double-doubles on the night.
The Wolves were paced by Kelan Martin's game-high 32 points on 13-of-23 shooting from the field.
The Clippers look to keep their momentum going as they head off on a two-game Northern California road trip, starting with a matchup against the Stockton Kings on Thursday, February 19. The third game in a four-game season series, with the teams splitting their first two meetings, is slated to tip-off at 7 p.m. PST inside the Stockton Arena in Stockton, CA and will be broadcast on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 14, 2020
- BayHawks Complete Trade with Fort Wayne Mad Ants - Erie BayHawks
- Full Season Membership on Sale for 2020-21 College Park Skyhawks Season - College Park Skyhawks
- Wolves Can't Keep Pace with Clippers in Road Matchup - Iowa Wolves
- Clips Beat Wolves with Season-Best Performance - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Agua Caliente Clippers Stories
- Second Half Surge Pushes Clips Past Spurs, Tied for Final Playoff Spot
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire Returning Player Rights to Rodney Purvis
- Agua Caliente Clippers Acquire South Bay Lakers 2020 Third Round Draft Pick
- Clips Fall to Santa Cruz in Final Minute
- Clips Comeback against Kings, Close in on Six Seed