Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Dan Ringwald
HARTFORD, May 26, 2010: Hartford Wolf Pack general manager Jim Schoenfeld announced today that the Wolf Pack have signed defenseman Dan Ringwald to an American Hockey League contract.
Ringwald just completed an outstanding four-year career at Rochester Institute of Technology (R.I.T.) as the Tigers' all-time Division I school record-holder in both overall assists and career games-played, as well as points by a defenseman. The 6-1, 205-pound native of Oakville, Ontario totaled 21 goals and 104 assists for 125 points, along with 65 penalty minutes, in 145 career outings in an R.I.T. uniform, also good for second overall in points in school Division I history.
In 2009-10, the 23-year-old Ringwald helped lead R.I.T. to its first-ever appearance in the NCAA Division I Frozen Four, earning Atlantic Hockey Association (AHA) Best Defenseman honors, and his third straight First-Team All-AHA nod, along the way. With 11 goals and 26 assists for 37 points, Ringwald was the third-highest point-scorer among all NCAA Division I blueliners, led all AHA defensemen in points and assists and finished second among league defensemen in goals. Overall among Atlantic Hockey skaters, Ringwald's total of 26 assists tied him for seventh in the league, and he finished 10th in points. In addition, Ringwald topped all R.I.T. defensemen in points, goals and assists, registered the third-most points and assists among all Tiger skaters and finished the season tied for fourth on the team in goals. Also, Ringwald notched the first natural hat trick in R.I.T.'s Division I history in a 7-3 victory vs. UConn October 31.
Ringwald also was a First-Team All-AHA selection both his Sophomore and Junior years. In 2008-09, he scored three goals and added 31 assists for 34 points in 38 games, finishing tied for second in the AHA, tied for second in the nation among defensemen, and tenth nationally overall, in assists. His totals of 34 points and 31 assists both ranked second among AHA blueliners, and 34 points was good for a tie for sixth in the nation among defensemen. Teamwise, Ringwald finished tops in assists and was third in points. During the 2007-08 campaign, Ringwald played in 36 games, and registered totals of three goals and 31 assists for 34 points, identical to his Junior-season statistics. His points-per-game average of 0.94 that year led all NCAA Division I defensemen. Ringwald also tied for the national lead among blueliners in assists, registered the second-most points among defensemen, and finished fifth overall in the nation in assists. Ringwald also led all 2007-08 AHA defensemen in points and assists, topped the R.I.T. squad in plus/minus (+9) and finished third on the team in points.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 26, 2010
- Bulldogs' Season Ends with 4-2 Loss to Stars in Game 7 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Texas and Hershey Will Meet in the Calder Cup Finals - Texas Stars
- Texas Beats Hamilton 4-2 in Game 7, Advances to Calder Cup Finals - Texas Stars
- Bears to face Texas Stars in 2010 Calder Cup Finals - Hershey Bears
- Texas Stars Capture AHL's Robert W. Clarke Trophy - AHL
- Kings Re-Sign Parse to Two-Year Deal - Manchester Monarchs
- Equipment Sale May 29th - Abbotsford Heat
- Worcester Sharks "Be A Leader" Program Makes Stop At Flagg Street School - Worcester Sharks
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Forward Mats Zuccarello Aasen - Connecticut Whale
- Texas Stars Playoff Update #43 - Texas Stars
- Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Dan Ringwald - Connecticut Whale
- Senators Sign Goaltender Mike Brodeur To One-Year Contract - Binghamton Senators
- AHL Morning Skate - AHL
- Texas Stars Game Notes - Texas Stars
- Buffalo Sabres Sign 2006 Draft Pick Alex Biega - Portland Pirates
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.