Wizards Honor State Class B Boys Participants
Bismarck, ND February 27th 2007: In conjunction with the boys Class "B" state tournament to be held at the Bismarck Civic Center, the Dakota Wizards will honor all the state Class "B" boys' basketball participants at halftime of the Wizards game versus the Arkansas RimRockers on Wednesday, March 14th.
"Making it to the Class "B" state tournament is quite the accomplishment", said Director of Game Operations Scott Woodmansee. "We wanted to make it a little more special for the guys who worked so hard to make it this far and honor their hard work in front of our fans."
The Wizards are also offering a special Class "B" ticket package to all area basketball fans just by calling Woodmansee at (701)-258-2255 and telling him you're a Class B fan. Discounts range from $8 ($2.50 discount) for a general admission seat and $11 ($4 discount) for a reserved seat and are only available until Monday, March 12th.
For more information on the Dakota Wizards log onto www.dakotawizards.com or call the front office at (701)-258-BALL.
The D-League currently includes the Albuquerque Thunderbirds (N.M.), Anaheim Arsenal (Calif.), Arkansas RimRockers (Little Rock), Austin Toros (Texas), Bakersfield Jam (Calif.), Colorado 14ers (Broomfield), Dakota Wizards (Bismarck, N.D.), Fort Worth Flyers (Texas), Idaho Stampede (Boise), Los Angeles D-Fenders (Calif.), Sioux Falls Skyforce (S.D.) and Tulsa 66ers (Okla.).
The D-League continues to develop talent from across all disciplines for the NBA's 30 teams and the entire NBA umbrella. In addition to the assignment of 20 NBA players to D-League affiliates this season, there have also been 11 GATORADE Call-Ups from the D-League to the NBA. Additionally, every referee hired by the NBA since 2002 has worked in the D-League, while coaches, athletic trainers and front office executives are also being developed.
Designed to help grow the sport of basketball both domestically and internationally, the D-League also offers fun, family entertainment at affordable prices. For additional information on the NBA Development League, visit D-LEAGUE.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 27, 2007
- Skyforce's 114-98 win closes gap on Flyers - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Pistons Assign Blalock and Johnson to Skyforce - G League
- D-Fenders win two at home - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Wizards Honor State Class B Boys Participants - Dakota Wizards
- Toros return to court with tribute to coach Johnson - Austin Spurs
- Tulsa 66ers Celebrate Read Across America - Tulsa 66ers
- NBA Development League Expands to Des Moines - Iowa Wolves
- Stampede take Key Bank reading timeouts - Idaho Stampede
- D-League daily developments - G League
- Arsenal Sweeps Season Series Against RimRockers - Anaheim Arsenal
- 14ers Dump Dakota - Colorado 14ers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.