14ers Dump Dakota
DENVER, Feb. 26 - The Colorado 14ers ended a four game home losing streak with a 119-94 win over the Dakota Wizards on Monday night. The 14ers set a new franchise records with 35 assists and 10 blocked shots in the victory. Colorado improves to 21-14 with the win, while Dakota falls to 19-12 with the loss.
The victory is the second straight for the 14ers in the season series, giving each team a pair of home wins in the match-up. Six Colorado players scored in double figures, led by Terrence Crawford's 21 points. Elton Brown added 19 points and eight rebounds, while Mike Harris came off the bench to score 13 points, pull down nine rebounds, and block a career-high eight shots in the win.
"We needed it, whether it was a one point win or a 25 point win, we just needed a feel good win," said 14ers coach Joe Wolf. "Tonight was a feel good win for us because when we took the lead we maintained the lead, which is something we struggled with previously."
Colorado jumped out to a 13 point advantage after the first quarter, and extended the lead to 24 points at the half. Tony Bobbitt scored 12 of his 14 points in the second quarter, hitting on four of six 3-pointers. The lead grew to as many as 32 points in the fourth quarter before the Wizards closed the game on a 14 to seven run.
Dakota was led by Quemont Greer's 19 points. Corey Williams came off the bench in his first game with the Wizards to score 17 and hand out six assists in the loss.
The Wizards continue their road trip at Sioux Falls on Thursday, March 1. The 14ers will visit the Austin Toros on Thursday night.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 27, 2007
- Skyforce's 114-98 win closes gap on Flyers - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Pistons Assign Blalock and Johnson to Skyforce - G League
- D-Fenders win two at home - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Wizards Honor State Class B Boys Participants - Dakota Wizards
- Toros return to court with tribute to coach Johnson - Austin Spurs
- Tulsa 66ers Celebrate Read Across America - Tulsa 66ers
- NBA Development League Expands to Des Moines - Iowa Wolves
- Stampede take Key Bank reading timeouts - Idaho Stampede
- D-League daily developments - G League
- Arsenal Sweeps Season Series Against RimRockers - Anaheim Arsenal
- 14ers Dump Dakota - Colorado 14ers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.