Winnipeg Blue Bombers Open Nominations for Jack Jacobs Scholarship
WINNIPEG, MB. - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers, in partnership with Eagle Vision and ICF Films, are pleased to announce nominations are now open for candidates vying for the 2019 Jack Jacobs Scholarship. This year, two $5,000 scholarships will be awarded to two Indigenous high school students who plan on pursing a post-secondary education and who have a passion for sport, a love for football, and a commitment to balance between sports and academics.
"We are thrilled to once again offer this great opportunity to deserving student athletes for the third year and would like to thank Eagle Vision for their support with this scholarship," said Wade Miller, President & CEO of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.
The award was created in the memory of Jack Jacobs, legendary quarterback who played for the Bombers from 1950-1954. Jacobs, a Muscogee (Creek) Indigenous person, is a member of both the Canadian Football Hall of Fame (1963) and the Winnipeg Football Club Hall of Fame (1984).
"Eagle Vision is once again excited to support the Jack Jacobs scholarship, and we are proud of the previous recipients." said Lisa Meeches, Partner, Eagle Vision.
"We are dedicated to supporting Indigenous youth in sport and post-secondary education and are pleased to help the Blue Bombers and Jack's family provide this opportunity to two deserving high school athletes," said Kyle Irving, Partner, Eagle Vision.
The scholarships will be presented to the recipients during the October 25th home game as the Bombers host the Calgary Stampeders in their final regular season game. Deadline for application is October 18.
For more information, or for an application please head to www.bluebombers.com/jack-jacobs.scholarship.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from October 8, 2019
- Stamps Look to Wrangle Roughriders - Calgary Stampeders
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Open Nominations for Jack Jacobs Scholarship - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- QB Scott Joins Practice Roster - Edmonton Eskimos
- Alouettes Add Pair to Practice Roster - Montreal Alouettes
- Reilly and Burnham Earn CFL Top Performer Nods - B.C. Lions
- Shaw CFL Top Performers Named for Week 17 - CFL
- Toronto Argonauts Announce Football Operations Management Changes - Toronto Argonauts
- Blue Bombers Shuffle Practice Roster - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Winnipeg Blue Bombers Stories
- Blue Bombers Acquire Quarterback Zach Collaros in Trade with Argonauts
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Open Nominations for Jack Jacobs Scholarship
- Blue Bombers Shuffle Practice Roster
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Launch Annual High School Mentorship Program
- Blue Bombers to Host Annual Family Day October 12