Alouettes Add Pair to Practice Roster
Montreal, October 8, 2019 - The Montreal Alouettes announced the following transactions on Tuesday.
Players added to the practice roster:
Justin Gibbons (A), DB, Aurora
David Pindell (A), Q, Connecticut
Gibbons (6'2", 205 lbs.) spent some time with the Alouettes in 2018 and with the Edmonton Eskimos in 2018 and 2019. In 19 games with the Aurora University Spartans, the 28-year-old defensive back registered 58 tackles and five interceptions. The Woodland, CA native received an invitation to the National Bowl in Florida and to the Tropical Bowl. He spent some time with the Indianapolis Colts in 2017.
Pindell (6'0", 198 lbs.) was a dual threat during his collegiate career with the University of Connecticut Huskies. In his senior season in 2018 he completed 186 of his 314 passes for gains of 1,962 yards and ten touchdowns, while adding 1,139 rushing yards and another ten majors, setting the school record for rushing yards in a season for a quarterback. The Columbia, MD native had six games with more than 100 rushing yards last season. The 22-year-old spent time with the Minnesota Vikings and Tampa Bay Buccaneers earlier this year.
The club also released quarterback Layton Rabb from the practice roster.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from October 8, 2019
- Stamps Look to Wrangle Roughriders - Calgary Stampeders
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Open Nominations for Jack Jacobs Scholarship - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- QB Scott Joins Practice Roster - Edmonton Eskimos
- Alouettes Add Pair to Practice Roster - Montreal Alouettes
- Reilly and Burnham Earn CFL Top Performer Nods - B.C. Lions
- Shaw CFL Top Performers Named for Week 17 - CFL
- Toronto Argonauts Announce Football Operations Management Changes - Toronto Argonauts
- Blue Bombers Shuffle Practice Roster - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.