Winnipeg Blue Bombers Agree to Terms with Canadian Linebacker Jesse Briggs
WINNIPEG, MB. - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms with pending free agent Canadian linebacker Jesse Briggs on a two-year deal.
Briggs was originally selected 17th overall by Winnipeg in the 2014 CFL Draft and has spent the past five seasons in Blue and Gold. Over that span, Briggs has played in all but three games, tallying 87 career games played, 56 special teams tackles and 18 defensive tackles. Briggs has recorded double digit special teams tackles in four of his five CFL seasons.
"Last week we were able to agree with Mike Miller, which was big for our special teams in the next two seasons," said General Manager, Kyle Walters. "Similarly, Jesse also brings many great attributes on special teams and has continued to develop in that role for us. He works extremely hard, is a quiet player who goes about his business and does so at a very high level."
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from December 17, 2018
- Lions Lock up Figueroa Through 2020 - B.C. Lions
- Drew Tate Retires from CFL - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- National Receiver Patrick Lavoie Signs Extension - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Agree to Terms with Canadian Linebacker Jesse Briggs - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Winnipeg Blue Bombers Stories
- Blue Bombers Acquire Quarterback Zach Collaros in Trade with Argonauts
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Open Nominations for Jack Jacobs Scholarship
- Blue Bombers Shuffle Practice Roster
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Launch Annual High School Mentorship Program
- Blue Bombers to Host Annual Family Day October 12