Lions Lock up Figueroa Through 2020
(Vancouver) The BC Lions Football Club today announced that international offensive tackle Joel Figueroa has signed a two-year contract extension with the Lions keeping him in black and orange through the 2020 season. Figueroa was slated to become a free agent in February.
Joining the Lions as a one of the CFL's most highly sought-after free agents last February, the veteran lineman appeared in all 18 regular season games in 2018 anchoring the Lions' offence from his left tackle position. His steady and productive play was recognized with a team nomination as Most Outstanding Lineman.
"We are a quarterback-driven league and protecting that asset is of critical importance to our success," said GM Ed Hervey. "Signing Joel was a top priority for us and securing his consistent and dominant style of play at the left tackle position for the next two seasons cannot be understated."
Images from this story
BC Lions offensive tackle Joel Figueroa
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from December 17, 2018
- Lions Lock up Figueroa Through 2020 - B.C. Lions
- Drew Tate Retires from CFL - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- National Receiver Patrick Lavoie Signs Extension - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Agree to Terms with Canadian Linebacker Jesse Briggs - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.