Winnipeg Blue Bombers Accepting Nominations for Samantha Mason Friendship Award
NNIPEG, MB. - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are now accepting applications for the Samantha Mason Friendship Award presented by DMS Industrial. The Club wants to hear about youth in Manitoba who work to end bullying in their schools or communities.
Parents, teachers, coaches and friends are invited to nominate a young person under the age of 18 who has taken action in her or his school or community to eliminate bullying by embracing the core values of our Canadian Centre for Child Protection/Blue Bombers Kindness Pledge found below. Nominations can be submitted here.
The selected recipients will be invited to the May 31st pre-season home game against the Edmonton Eskimos and receive two tickets to the game, along with an on-field presentation. Nominations will be accepted until May 24th, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. CST.
Canadian Centre for Child Protection/Blue Bombers Kindness Pledge:
* I have the power to make a difference. I will not be a bully or a bystander. * I can help change the way others are treated in my school, my community and online. * Everyone is worthy of friendship, support and respect; therefore, I will choose to share kindness and hope instead of hate and hurt. * I have the power to change the story from hate to hope.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 16, 2019
- Travis Lulay Joins BC Lions' Front Office - B.C. Lions
- Argos Sign Seven from 2019 Draft Class - Toronto Argonauts
- BC Lions Ink 2019 CFL Draft Class - B.C. Lions
- Stamps Sign CFL-LFA Draft Picks - Calgary Stampeders
- Riders Make Roster Moves - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Alouettes Transactions Announced - Montreal Alouettes
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers Accepting Nominations for Samantha Mason Friendship Award - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- RedBlacks Sign Six - Ottawa RedBlacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.