Wings Waive Cayla George and Nicole Seekamp
The Dallas Wings have waived center Cayla George and guard Nicole Seekamp, the team announced today.
George appeared in 23 games for the Wings last season, averaging 3.6 points per game in 10.7 minutes a game. The Australian native had six points in the Wings' second preseason game while grabbing five rebounds and handing out two assists.
Seekamp, who had appeared in all three of the Wings' preseason games, scored four points in the preseason opener against Atlanta. The University of South Dakota product also had a pair of assists and rebounds in Dallas' 71-67 win over the Connecticut Sun.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from May 19, 2019
- Chicago Sky Waive Allazia Blockton - Chicago Sky
- Aces Waive Alex Harden and Saniya Chong - Las Vegas Aces
- Wings Waive Cayla George and Nicole Seekamp - Dallas Wings
- Wings Bench Shines in Preseason Finale - Dallas Wings
- Jackie Young Scores 16 in Her Preseason Debut, But Aces Fall, 79-75, to Minnesota - Las Vegas Aces
- 17-Point Deficit? No Problem for Indiana as Kelsey Mitchell Keys 71-66 Comeback Win - Indiana Fever
- New York Falls Short to Connecticut in Preseason Finale, 98-79 - New York Liberty
- Sun Announce Hiring of Awvee Storey - Connecticut Sun
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.