Wings Defeat Sparks 87-84
Arlington, Texas - The Dallas Wings (14 - 18) defeated the Los Angeles Sparks (12 - 20), 87-84, Sunday afternoon at College Park Center.
Arike Ogunbowale led the Wings with 20 points, the seventeenth time she has passed the 20-point scoring mark this season. She was joined in double figures by Marina Mabrey (16 points), Isabelle Harrison (14 points) and Allisha Gray (12 points).
With the conclusion of the regular season, the Wings will head to Chicago to take on the Sky on Thursday, September 23, in the single-elimination first round of the WNBA playoffs.
- The Dallas Wings extended their WNBA record of consecutive games with at least five threes to 49 on a three pointer from Arike Ogunbowale with 1:50 left in the first half.
- Arike Ogunbowale netted 20 points, her 17th time reaching 20 or more.
- The Wings rained down 10 threes, the tenth time they have netted 10 or more threes this season.
- Allisha Gray netted 12 points and grabbed seven rebounds.
- Marina Mabrey recorded 16 points and dished out five assists.
- Isabelle Harrison went a perfect 7-7 from the field and netted 14 points.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from September 19, 2021
- Wings Defeat Sparks 87-84 - Dallas Wings
- Diamond DeShields Makes History as Sky Close out Regular Season with Win - Chicago Sky
- Kelsey Plum, JiSu Park Help Aces Close out Regular Season With, 84-83, Win over Phoenix - Las Vegas Aces
- Liberty Clinch First Playoff Berth Since 2017 - New York Liberty
- Sun Crush Dream to Close Regular Season - Connecticut Sun
- Postgame Notes: Connecticut 84, Atlanta 64 - Atlanta Dream
- Russell Evolving into Elite Post Player - Seattle Storm
- Dewanna Bonner Injury Update - Connecticut Sun
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.