Wingnuts and Saltdogs Opener Washed Away
WICHITA, Kan. - The series opener between the Wichita Wingnuts and Lincoln Saltdogs was cancelled on Tuesday night due to rain throughout the day that left the mound at Lawrence-Dumont Stadium unplayable. The two teams will play a doubleheader on Wednesday evening beginning at 5:00 PM. Both games will be seven-inning contests, with game two following roughly 30 minutes after the conclusion of game one.
The Wingnuts will start lefty Casey Harman (9-3, 3.64) in game one, while Lincoln will counter with fellow southpaw Eric Wooten (2-6, 3.41). The game two pitching matchup pits Jordan Cooper (9-5, 4.79) against righty Brad Thout (0-1, 9.81). Both games will be broadcast on 1410 AM/93.9 FM KGSO, TuneIn and americanassociationbaseball.tv.
For information on season tickets, group outings, and party packages, call the Wingnuts main office at (316) 264-NUTS, or visit the Wingnuts official website at www.wichitawingnuts.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 14, 2018
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Railroaders Open Series with Record-Setting Win - Cleburne Railroaders
- 'Cats Even Series Behind 3-Run Second and McKenzie's 6 Strong Innings - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Nothing Messy About this One as Saints Cruise to 11-4 Victory over Canaries - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Even Series on Goldeyes - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Rain Rain Does Not Go Away; Double Dip Wednesday - Kansas City T-Bones
- Saltdogs and Wingnuts Postponed - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Wingnuts and Saltdogs Opener Washed Away - Wichita Wingnuts
- T-Bones Return Home for Six Games - Kansas City T-Bones
- Goldeyes Re-Sign Experienced Left-Hander - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wichita Sprints Past Cleburne to Conclude Trip - Wichita Wingnuts