Win Streak Broken as Bruins Trampled by Tauros, 7-1
AUSTIN, Minn. - After winning six-straight games and earning points in ten consecutive, the Bruins success streak game to an end on Friday night as they fell to the Minot Minotauros, 7-1.
Minot was able to get on the board first in the game when Kevin Ness beat Brett Miller nearly nine minutes into the game. Austin didn't wait too long to retaliate, scoring a minute and 50 seconds later. Josef Mysak sped into the zone on the right side, dropped a pass to Barrett Brooks who feathered it back to Mysak and into the back of the net. With the game now 1-1, that would be all the scoring for the Bruins as the game became all 'Tauros. Minot added a second tally in the first period, a power-play goal, and headed to the locker room with the lead, 2-1.
Out of the gate in the second period, Carson Riddle was called for roughing and Minot netted their second power-play goal of the night and took the 3-1 lead. Despite the chances later in the second, Austin couldn't solve Minot goalie A.J. Ruskowski, and the visiting team Minotauros would increase their lead to 4-1 after two.
In the third period, Tyler Shea replaced Brett Miller in goal for the Bruins but the shakeup didn't change much in regards to the outcome. The Minotauros added three more goals in the third period to increase their lead to 7-1, a score that would hold up until the final horn.
With the loss, the Bruins fall to 20-10-2-4 while the Minotauros improve to 20-11-1-4. The two teams will meet for an encore on Saturday night for Hockey Day in Minnesota at Riverside Arena. All fans wearing their high-school or youth hockey jersey will receive free admission to the night's game with a paid adult. It's also another post-game skate and Hormel Hometown Hero night where one of Austin's own will be honored during the game. For tickets to Saturday night's game, stop by any one of the Bruins vendors including Games People Play, Hy-Vee, Holiday Inn, and Jim's Marketplace.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 17, 2020
- Weekend Preview - vs. Fairbanks - New Mexico Ice Wolves
- West Makes 38 Saves, Rebels Take Down Knights 5-1 - Jamestown Rebels
- Odessa Falls 4-1 in Topeka - Odessa Jackalopes
- Tomahawks Squeak by Black Bears - Maryland Black Bears
- Amarillo Tops Shreveport to Earn Sixth Straight Victory - Amarillo Bulls
- Tomahawks Tame Black Bears - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Win Streak Broken as Bruins Trampled by Tauros, 7-1 - Austin Bruins
- Rebels Deal Clark to Bismarck for Two Players - Jamestown Rebels
- Raise Your Hand If You're Ready for Wings Hockey Tonight at the Odde - Aberdeen Wings
- On the Road Again - Minot Minotauros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.