Rebels Deal Clark to Bismarck for Two Players
Jamestown, NY - The Jamestown Rebels have made a trade with the Bismarck Bobcats, sending defenseman Nate Clark to Bismarck in exchange for two players, forward Carter Korpi and defenseman Danny Magnuson.
While Clark was a well-known player in Jamestown, and part of the Rebels' inaugural roster last season, the timing felt right for Rebels Head Coach/General Manager Joe Coombs to pull the trigger on moving the Plymouth, MN-born rear-guard.
"For the situation we're in, we felt there was value for him to go somewhere closer to home to finish his junior career, and that's what we did. I wish Clarky nothing but the best".
Korpi (18), a 5'11, 203-pound forward from South Lyon, MI, comes to the Rebels with 4 assists in 19 games played this season in Bismarck.
"It's a skill upgrade for us" said Coombs about adding Korpi to the team. "He [Korpi] hasn't played much, but we think with some added time that he can learn to play in the league and be a solid part of our team".
Magnuson (19), a 6'1, 201-pound defenseman, and native of Sunfish Lake, MN, currently has 1 assist and a +4 rating in 25 games played this year with the Bobcats.
"High-end offensive guy as a defenseman" said Coombs in regards to Magnuson. "We know that he has to work a bit on his defensive game, but I think he can make an impact on our power play right away".
While the stats don't immediately jump off the page for Korpi and Magnuson, the building blocks being laid down for future success is the focus with this trade for Coombs.
"We're excited about adding both of them" said the Rebels coach. "After losing most of our team from last year, this season has been a bit about teaching our young kids how to play in the league and gain some experience where we can climb the mountain back to the top and we feel that these two kids can help us do that. It's a road under construction, and we're gonna keep workin'".
Catch Korpi and Magnuson in action this weekend as the Rebels play host to the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights, Friday and Saturday, 7:05pm at the Northwest Arena.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 17, 2020
- Weekend Preview - vs. Fairbanks - New Mexico Ice Wolves
- West Makes 38 Saves, Rebels Take Down Knights 5-1 - Jamestown Rebels
- Odessa Falls 4-1 in Topeka - Odessa Jackalopes
- Tomahawks Squeak by Black Bears - Maryland Black Bears
- Amarillo Tops Shreveport to Earn Sixth Straight Victory - Amarillo Bulls
- Tomahawks Tame Black Bears - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Win Streak Broken as Bruins Trampled by Tauros, 7-1 - Austin Bruins
- Rebels Deal Clark to Bismarck for Two Players - Jamestown Rebels
- Raise Your Hand If You're Ready for Wings Hockey Tonight at the Odde - Aberdeen Wings
- On the Road Again - Minot Minotauros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.