Wildcats win over Boise Burn
In a matchup between the American and National Conference, the South Georgia Wildcats scored on 8 of their first 9 possessions while stopping the Boise Burn on 3 of their first 9 possessions in route to a 55-45 win in front of 5,992 fans in Albany, Ga. Saturday night.
While the Wildcats were once again explosive on offense, it was the defense for South Georgia that set the tone. Quentin Burrell and Demetrie McCray were able to intercept Burn QB Taylor Tharp in the game while the Wildcats defensive front racked up 3 sacks on Boise's signal caller who entered the game having only been sacked 4 times all season.
South Georgia QB Darnell Kennedy finished the night completing 50% of his passes for 257 yards and 6 touchdowns and also did damage on the ground with 31 yard and 2 yard touchdown runs. For Boise, Taylor Tharp completed 65.2% of his passes for 189 yards and 3 touchdowns.
Alvance Robinson of the Wildcats led all receivers with 9 receptions for 81 yards and 3 touchdowns. Boise was paced by Jomo Wilson with 7 receptions for 114 yards and 3 touchdowns.
With the win, South Georgia improved to 10-5 and secured their best home record at 7-1 since moving to Albany, Ga. The Wildcats will close out the regular season next Saturday night in Huntsville, Al as they square of against the Tennessee Valley Vipers at 8:30pmEST. Boise falls to 12-3 with loss as they prepare to host the Spokane Shock next Saturday night at 9:10pmEST in their regular season finale.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from July 18, 2009
- Wings down Corpus Christi - Corpus Christi Sharks
- Wildcats win over Boise Burn - South Georgia Wildcats
- Tennessee Valley wins over Florida - Alabama Vipers
- Birds Fall In Wilkes-Barre/Scranton 49-40 - Albany Firebirds
- Horsemen take care of Peoria to win fifth straight - Kentucky Horsemen
- Game Preview (week 17): Stockton Lightning At Amarillo Dusters - Stockton Lightning
- Superman Rides Into Sunset With A Win - Green Bay Blizzard
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.