South Georgia Wildcats to Host Kentucky Horsemen in 1st Round of the af2 Playoffs
July 27, 2009, ALBANY, GA- After posting their best home record since moving to Albany, it is only fitting that the South Georgia Wildcats and their fans be treated to a 1st round home playoff game this Saturday, August 1st at 7:30pm against the Kentucky Horsemen.
The Wildcats secured the home contest after their thrilling 47-45 victory over the Tennessee Valley Vipers was coupled with a Kentucky loss to the Florida Firecats. The Wildcats and the Horsemen split their season series, with South Georgia winning 72-66 in Albany, GA. on Mothers Day weekend.
Playoff tickets are currently available to all season ticket holders today and tomorrow by calling the Wildcats office at 229-435-0205. After Wednesday, July 29 beginning at 10am, playoff tickets will be on sale to the general public at $12, $20, $26, $30, and $50. Fans seeking tickets can visit the Albany Civic Center Box Office or call 229-435-2TIX to secure their place to witness the Wildcats opening game on their run to the ArenaCup.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from July 27, 2009
- Wolves tangle with Barnstormers in first round of af2 playoffs - Manchester Wolves
- Yard Dawgz Game Notes - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
- Florida Firecats Denied Participation in 2009 Playoffs - Florida Firecats
- South Georgia Wildcats to Host Kentucky Horsemen in 1st Round of the af2 Playoffs - South Georgia Wildcats
- Firebirds To Take On Pioneers In 2009 ArenaCup Playoffs - Albany Firebirds
- Final 2009 af2 Playoff Seedings - Iowa Barnstormers
- Road to ArenaCup Begins Friday - af2
- Barnstormers Announce Playoff Opponent - Iowa Barnstormers
- Dusters game preview: Amarillo vs. Tulsa - Amarillo Venom
- Xavier Lee Named AFCU Player of the Game - Arkansas Diamonds
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.