Wings down Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi, TX - The Corpus Christi Sharks didn't end their home as they hoped. Bossier Shreveport's P.J Berry took the opening kickoff 58 yards to pay dirt and the Wings never looked back from there downing Corpus Christi 60-35.
The Sharks (2-13) continued their season long trend of turnovers, mental mistake, and miscues. On the opposite end of the spectrum, the Battle Wings (10-5) played a nearly flawless game showing that they'll be a force to reckon with in the af2 playoffs.
Sharks wide receiver Brandon Hussey picked up his 100th reception of the season during the game. This is the third consecutive year Hussey has eclipsed the 100 catch, 1000 yard plateau.
The Sharks will now spend the next week trying to figure out how to end the 2009 campaign on a positive note as they will travel to Rio Grande Valley to close out the year against the playoff bound Dorado's. The Sharks will be looking for their first road win of the year as well as their first ever win in Hidalgo.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from July 18, 2009
- Wings down Corpus Christi - Corpus Christi Sharks
- Wildcats win over Boise Burn - South Georgia Wildcats
- Tennessee Valley wins over Florida - Alabama Vipers
- Birds Fall In Wilkes-Barre/Scranton 49-40 - Albany Firebirds
- Horsemen take care of Peoria to win fifth straight - Kentucky Horsemen
- Game Preview (week 17): Stockton Lightning At Amarillo Dusters - Stockton Lightning
- Superman Rides Into Sunset With A Win - Green Bay Blizzard
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Corpus Christi Sharks Stories
- Sharks Cease Operations
- Sharks Re-Open Ownership Search
- Sharks Still Have Hope
- Dorados pull away in second quarter in route to 78-51 win
- Wings down Corpus Christi