Wichita Wild Vs. Sioux Falls Storm March 9th Game Preview
WICHITA, Kan. - The Wichita Wild of the IFL (Indoor Football League) will take on the Sioux Fall Storm Friday night in the team's first home game of the 2012 season. The game will be played at Hartman Arena; kick-off is scheduled for 7:05 pm CST.
The Wichita Wild and Sioux Fall Storm are certainly no strangers to one another. Having met twice in the 2011 season, the Storm proved to be a tough competitor, winning both games by a combined score of 170-36. This year the Wild will look to regain momentum and a victory over what looks to be another strong Storm team.
As the defending 2011 IFL Champions, the Sioux Falls Storm are entering Friday night's game off a 73-43 win over the Green Bay Blizzard on February 26. In that game, Storm Quarterback and 2011 League MVP Chris Dixon threw for 19 of 20, totaling 268 yards, 5 touchdowns and no interceptions.
The Wichita Wild are entering Friday night's game holding an 0-2 record on the season, with tough losses coming from the Allen Wranglers and Omaha Beef in weeks one and two, respectively. Under the direction of Head Coach Morris Lolar, the Wild will look to make a statement in their 2012 home opener, and wipe the slate clean from a less than satisfactory start to the season. For Wichita, it will be a matter of the new faces stepping up, the veteran players taking control if the team wishes to walk away with the win.
Key Matchup: Dixon vs. Defensive Although both teams are potential scoring threats on the Offensive end, the Wichita Wild's Defense will have their hands full Friday night. Proving to be an unstoppable show during their opener against the Green Bay Blizzard, containing Quarterback Chris Dixon will be priority number one for the Wild's Defense Friday Night.
To keep up with all the latest Wild news, and to purchase your tickets for Friday night's game, visit www.wichitawildfootball.com. Follow the team's social media on Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare and Gowalla. Friday night's game can also be viewed on the America One Network: www.b2livetv.com.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from March 7, 2012
- Game Preview - Blizzard Face IFL Newcomer Cedar Rapids - Green Bay Blizzard
- Linebackers Ismail and Brown Keeping Edge Defense Strong - Bloomington Edge
- Colorado Ice Head to Kennewick, Washington - Colorado Crush
- Let Us Tackle Your Next Group Outing - Chicago Slaughter
- James Temple Named Week 2 Defensive Player of the Week - Bloomington Edge
- Wichita Wild Vs. Sioux Falls Storm March 9th Game Preview - Wichita Wild
- 2010 IFL MVP Headed to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Steelhawks
- Express and BTI Host 2nd Annual High School QB Challenge - Reading Express
- Indoor Football League Names Week 2 Players of the Week - IFL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.