WHL Announces Postponement of WHL Regular Season Game Between Winnipeg and Swift Current
January 17, 2022 - Western Hockey League (WHL) News Release
Calgary, Alta. - The Western Hockey League announced today the postponement of tomorrow's WHL Regular Season game between the Winnipeg ICE and Swift Current Broncos out of an abundance of caution due to pending further test results for COVID-19 with players and staff with the ICE.
The WHL is working in consultation with the WHL Chief Medical Officer regarding the matter concerning the Winnipeg ICE. The Winnipeg ICE returned home following their game in Moose Jaw on Saturday to conduct further testing. The WHL will provide further information when it is available.
Information on the rescheduling of tomorrow's game will be provided at a later date.
The health and safety of all WHL participants is the top priority for the WHL. In order to reduce the risk of exposure to and transmission of COVID-19, the WHL requires all WHL roster players, hockey operations staff, and other team and League office personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a Health Canada approved vaccine.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 17, 2022
- Winterhawks Weekly: Hawks Push Point Streak to Eight Straight with Five-Point Weekend - Portland Winterhawks
- Tigers Acquire Barlage from Hurricanes - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Giants Acquire Jacob Boucher and Two First-Round Picks from Edmonton for Justin Sourdif - Vancouver Giants
- Oil Kings Acquire Florida Panthers Prospect Justin Sourdif from Vancouver - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Giants Acquire a First-Round Draft Pick from Winnipeg for Tanner Brown - Vancouver Giants
- ICE Acquire Brown & Wheatcroft - Winnipeg Ice
- Hurricanes Acquire Edwards and Picks from Winnipeg - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Giants Acquire 2002-Born Defenceman Tom Cadieux from Regina for a Pair of Draft Picks - Vancouver Giants
- Pats Acquire Pair of Draft Picks from Giants for Cadieux - Regina Pats
- Royals Face Cougars, Giants and Silvertips in Jam Packed Week - Victoria Royals
- WHL Announces Postponement of Broncos January 18 Game vs Winnipeg - Swift Current Broncos
- Hurricanes Acquire Hopwo from Tigers - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Chiefs Acquire Forward McCarry and Draft Pick from Kamloops for Toporowski - Spokane Chiefs
- Blazers Acquire Luke Toporowski from Spokane Chiefs - Kamloops Blazers
- Saskatoon Blades Acquire Wild Prospect Josh Pillar from Kamloops Blazers - Saskatoon Blades
- Blazers Send Forward Josh Pillar to Hometown Saskatoon Blades - Kamloops Blazers
- Brennan Named WHL Goaltender of the Week - Prince George Cougars
- Cougars Netminder Brennan Named WHL Goaltender of the Week - WHL
- Hurricanes Forward Hall Named WHL Player of the Week - WHL
- WHL Announces Postponement of WHL Regular Season Game Between Winnipeg and Swift Current - WHL
- What's on Tap January 18-21 - Prince George Cougars
- Blazers Acquire 2002-Born Forward Drew Englot from Regina - Kamloops Blazers
- Pats Acquire Spencer from Blazers for Englot - Regina Pats
- Warriors Acquire Larson from Spokane - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Spokane Swaps Forwards and Adds Third-Round Pick in Trade with Moose Jaw - Spokane Chiefs
- Power Play Success Not Enough for Ams in 6-3 Loss to Silvertips - Tri-City Americans
- Tigers Bested 5-3 by Rebels - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Rebels Return to Winning Form against Tigers - Red Deer Rebels
- Bjarnason, Ritchie Lead BWK to OT Victory - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Winterhawks Earn Five of Possible Six Points After Beating Kamloops 5-2 on Sunday - Portland Winterhawks
- Oil Kings Comeback to Stun the Hurricanes - Edmonton Oil Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.