Wheat Kings, Compass Coach Lines Launch 'Rural Route' Program
Brandon, MB - The Brandon Wheat Kings in partnership with Compass Coach Lines are excited to announce a new "Rural Route" program that will bring hockey fans from nine Westman communities to Westoba Place for live WHL action this winter.
For just $40.00 per person, Wheat King fans will receive a game ticket, and door to door bus transportation on one of Compass Coach Lines unique and luxurious motor coaches that will feature leather seats, hardwood floors, USB ports or 110V outlets, lavatory and much more to ensure a comfortable ride.
The coach line is owned and operated by long time Wheat Kings coach David Anning and his partner Jen, who hope this provides families from around Westman the opportunity to attend games without the hassle of night driving or winter road conditions.
"This is a great opportunity to connect the Wheat Kings to small town Manitoba," said Anning. "The Wheat Kings have always enjoyed tremendous support throughout the province and this initiative will provide fans with a new opportunity to get to Brandon and enjoy a fun evening of Wheat King hockey."
The "Rural Route" will visit nine communities this season and make trips to the following communities.
November 11 - Neepawa (vs Lethbridge)
November 23 - Virden (vs Swift Current)
December 7 - Souris (vs Medicine Hat)
December 27 - Foxwarren (vs Winnipeg)
December 30 - Boissevain (vs Edmonton)
February 23 - Carberry (vs Saskatoon)
March 9 - Melita (vs Calgary)
March 16 - Minnedosa (vs Moose Jaw)
March 23 - Rivers (vs Moose Jaw)
"Western Manitoba has been a pipeline of talent to the WHL as a whole, not just the Wheat Kings," said Branden Crowe, Director of Strategic Marketing. "We're excited to see how this program grows and look forward to filling Westoba Place this winter with fans from not just Brandon, but all over Westman."
More information on pickup locations and registration protocol will be available at www.wheatkings.com in the coming weeks. - Based in Brandon, Compass Coach Lines offers modern and luxurious ground transportation to groups throughout Manitoba. They offer modern bus charter and tour experiences and service customers throughout Manitoba, including Brandon & Winnipeg. From a luxurious fleet of motor coaches that is the newest in western Manitoba, to their professional, courteous and safe drivers, your group will notice the difference when they travel with Compass.
Visit them at www.compasscoachlines.com.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 28, 2021
- Three Reasons to Attend Winterhawks Pacific Office Automation Opening Night - Portland Winterhawks
- 22 Pats Past & Present at NHL Training Camps - Regina Pats
- Blades Announce Details for Vaccine Verification Program - Saskatoon Blades
- Rebels Season Tickets Are Ready for Pickup - Red Deer Rebels
- Plenty of Festivities on Tap for Warriors' Home Opener Friday - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Dallas Gaume Replacing Mike Moller as Colour Commentator in Rebels Broadcast Booth - Red Deer Rebels
- Blades Acquire Trevor Wong from Rockets in Exchange for Colton Dach - Saskatoon Blades
- Rockets Trade Trevor Wong For Blackhawks Prospect Colton Dach - Kelowna Rockets
- Minor Hockey Team of the Game Presented by Signature Homes - Winnipeg Ice
- Wouters Scores in First NHL Preseason Game - Saskatoon Blades
- Wheat Kings, Compass Coach Lines Launch 'Rural Route' Program - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Two Re-Assigned by Hurricanes - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Korczak & Jordan Return to Moose Jaw in Time for Home Opener - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Justin Sourdif Reassigned to Vancouver Giants from Florida Panthers - Vancouver Giants
- Pats to Debut New Third Jersey - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.