West Virginia Blazers Partner With Local Media
Bluefield, WV. The ABA WV Blazers have partnered with 99.5 WJLS-FM "The Big Dawg," to promote the Blazers' mission in Southern WV to provide drug and crime prevention programs to at-risk youth. "We are very pleased to be working with WJLS; they have a great reputation for helping in the community and working with organizations that serve families in southern WV," stated Cindy Preast, GM of the Blazers. "They are very well known and well respected. We think it's a great partnership and we are grateful to them for their willingness to work with us." Donna Romine of WJLS worked with the Blazers to coordinate the partnership.
While ESPN Radio 1050 WAMN, The Sports Addict Radio Network, will be providing play-by-play for all of the Blazers' games, WJLS will be providing community support through doing on-air promotions, on-air giveaways and coverage of community events in which the Blazers are involved. Sports Director Maris Lowery will be listing Blazer games on his morning show. Sports Show and the Blazers will be doing on-air interviews with Maris throughout the season. "The fact that 2 GREAT radio stations are working together with the Blazers shows what a great community this is," added Preast. "I really feel that this is the beginning of a great partnership," said Romine.
The Blazers will proudly display the 99.5 WJLS-FM banner, along with the ESPN 1050 WAMN banner, at all community and promotional events and during home games. The WJLS mascot, the "Big Dawg," will visit with fans during some of the home games. WJLS provides community service in WV in many ways, including live coverage of the Woodrow Wilson Flying Eagles and the Shady Spring Tigers basketball games. For more information, visit www.wvblazers.com or www.abalive.com.
Note: OurSports Central no longer actively covers the American Basketball Association (ABA) as a professional league due in part to its inability to publish and play a schedule and the transitory nature of many of its teams. For information on professional minor leagues, please see OSC's basketball section.
• Discuss this story on the American Basketball Association message board...
American Basketball Association Stories from December 8, 2008
- The American Basketball Association to play games with Continental Basketball Association - Kentucky Bisons
- Potential ABA MVP Reinhardt to enter 2009 All-Star Slam-Dunk,3-point contest - Georgia Gwizzlies
- Washington Raptors Lose Home Opener - Washington-Fresno Raptors
- West Virginia Blazers Partner With Local Media - West Virginia Blazers
- Gwizzlies make final cut - Georgia Gwizzlies
- Georgia Gwizzlies 2008-09 Roster announced - Georgia Gwizzlies
- Showboats win opener - Texas Fuel
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
- Mustangs Split Weekend Homestand - Southeast Texas Mavericks
- South Texas Showboats Win Again, 94-93 - Texas Fuel
- Salt Lake City Saints debut with 128-98 Win in Modesto - Salt Lake City Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.